Manager - Regional General Admin - Education
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Builds upon varied educational and experiential bases of nursing
and non-nursing employees for enhancement of competence in clinical
practice, promotion of professional development and advancement of
career goals. Manages the planning, development,
implementation/delivery and evaluation/improvement of education and
development programs at the medical center and associated outlying
facilities/clinics and/or for education/development services at the
inpatient and out-patient facilities. Consults with clinical
departments to implement the competency process established for the
Region. Conducts educational programs to improve
organizational/individual competence. This position may also
include responsibility for one or more of the following functions:
Coordinates with CME for care provider education, and other
assigned services(s)/program(s).Essential Responsibilities:
- Researches and writes evidence-based clinical lesson plans that
include measurable objectives and teaching strategies appropriate
for the adult learner.
- Assists managers/directors with designing training curriculum
(manuals, presentations, e-learning) using instructional design and
adult learning principles considering the novice-to expert
framework of skill development and knowledge. acquisition.
- Manages the assessing, planning, implementation and
evaluation/improvement of education programs/services, based on the
organizations vision, business plan, strategic, and operational
goals, aligns services and programs with strategic/organizational
goals and objectives.
- Evaluates and revises programs to ensure content is evidence
based, follows standards of care and practice, and is in alignment
with MH policies and procedures.
- Acts as a liaison with regional and divisional educational
- Provides, coordinates, and facilitates training for Basic
Nursing Epic Health Connect EMR.
- Provides, coordinates, and facilitates training for New Hire
Regional General Orientation.
- Provides, coordinates, and facilitates training for all
Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) programs across the MH Region:
BLS, ACLS, ACLS-EP, PEARS, PALS, following American Heart
Association (AHA) guidelines. Meets all regulations and
requirements to maintain MH as an AHA Training Center.
- Coordinates the QI Monitoring Program, related to AHA and
identifies areas for improvement.
- Manages and implements large scale change interventions of
which training and development play a significant part.
- Employs high quality delivery and presentation skills in a
classroom environment, using audiovisual and technical equipment
- Utilizes educational resources and equipment efficiently to
support departmental and Regional financial targets.
- Conducts ongoing research of current service theories and state
of the are training technologies (simulation).
- Provides coaching and consultative services to Supervisors and
managers to analyze/diagnose/solve performance problems.Basic
- Minimum of five (5) years acute care or successful completion
of training program (pre-hire, post-hire, or on-the-job) in area of
- Minimum of two (2) years management and/or charge nurse
- Minimum one (1) year staff development experience.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing or RN license with three (3) years
nursing management experience. -License, Certification,
- CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers required at hire OR Basic
Life Support required at hire
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii) required at hire -Additional
- Training experience with EMR (EPIC preferred).
- Able to communicate positively, effectively, and professionally
- Able to manage multiple assignments effectively; organize and
prioritize workload; work independently with minimal
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and classroom
techniques. Effective written and verbal communication skills in
front of large groups. Experience with outcomes measurement to
evaluate effectiveness of education.
- Working knowledge advanced practice nursing, EKG trained,
clinical pathways, evidenced-based practice standards of care
patient safety, performance improvement, CMS regulations, Joint
Commission regulatory standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing,
multimedia presentations, and spreadsheet PC applications.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and ability to work
collaboratively in team settings and accept direction. -Preferred
- Experience in Medical Surgical, Telemetry, Critical Care, or
Emergency Department preferred.
- Masters degree in nursing administration or public health
- Preferred ACLS, PALS, PEARS certifications.
- Instructor for AHA BLS, ACLS and/or ACLS-EP, and/or PALS, PEARS
preferred.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse
Keywords: Kaiser, Maui , Manager - Regional General Admin - Education, Education / Teaching , Haiku, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!