Company: Hawthorne Machinery
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Position Summary: Under the direction of the the assigned Service
Manager with wide latitude for independent planning and the laying
out of work details, the incumbent shall perform highly skilled
work in the repairing, reconditioning, testing and adjusting of all
equipment sold by Hawthorne Pacific Corp
- Remove, install, recondition, repair generators and engines and
test for proper operation and make post repair adjustments as
needed. Repair all engine systems to include water pumps, fuel
pumps, turbochargers, compressors, coolers and and cylinder
2. Perform diagnostic tests on engines for lack of power, inability
and hard to start, misfiring, overheating, excessive oil
consumption and basic tests on charging system.
3. Remove, install, make repairs and necessary adjustments on the
various power train components such as torque converters, direct
drive transmissions, power shift transmissions, power shift
transmissions, oil and dry clutches, steering clutches, and brakes,
final drives, differentials, transfer cases, gear boxes and
4. Perform diagnostic tests on power train components for
overheating, operational pressure checks and slippage.
5. Remove, install, recondition, repair and make necessary
adjustments on the various hydraulic controls and components such
as, cylinders, pumps, valves and hydraulic attachments.
6. Perform diagnostic tests on hydraulic systems for operational
pressures and flow check.
7. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
8. Must be flexible and able to work a minimum 35 day on-cycle and
14 day off-cycle rotational schedule at any HPC branch to include,
Waipahu, Hilo, Kona, Kauai, Maui, or Guam branches
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Must have a high school diploma or have a GED.
- Must own hand tools that are suitable to perform the work noted
- Must have a valid Commercial Driver's License with a good
- Must become forklift certified.
- Must be able to meet flat rates as established by Caterpillar
and industry standards.
Testing Requirements: Applicants may be required to pass a written
and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in
- Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven
2. Hands/arms operating equipment, hand and power tools.
3. Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
4. Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and
5. Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction
6. Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or
7. Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform
various functions of the job
8. Climbing: In and out or equipment.
9. Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service books and operate
10. Talking: Communications by radio, phone and in person.
11. Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for
safety in and around shop and construction sites and to receive
communication by radio, phone and in person.
12. Sitting: Sits in equipment and vehicles.
13. Lying: Lies in prone position under vehicles and equipment.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent
- Temp/Weather: Works in a warehouse and outside with variations
of temperature and weather.
Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions
of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne CAT is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Hawthorne CAT participates in E-Verify Associated topics:
calibrate, customer service, field service, field service
technician, machine repair, maintenance, maintenance mechanic,
maintenance technician, malfunction, troubleshoot
Keywords: Hawthorne Machinery, Maui , Maintenance Mechanic/Technician, Engineering , Koloa, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!