Diesel Maintenance Technician
Company: Hawthorne Machinery
Posted on: June 22, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Service
Manager, with little or no supervision, the employee shall perform
highly skilled work in the repairing, reconditioning, testing and
adjusting of all equipment sold by Hawthorne.
- Remove, install, recondition and repair engines and make
necessary adjustments on the engine as well as to the components in
the various systems, such as water pumps, fuel pumps,
turbochargers, generators, compressors, coolers, carburetor and
- Perform diagnostic tests on engines for lack of power,
inability and hard to start, misfiring, overheating, excessive oil
consumption and basic tests on charging system.
- Remove, install, make repairs and necessary adjustments on the
various power train components such as torque converters, torque
dividers, direct drive transmissions, power shift transmissions,
power shift transmission, oil and dry clutches, steering clutches,
and brakes, final drives, differentials, transfer cases, gear boxes
- Perform diagnostic tests on power train components for
overheating, operational pressure checks and slippage.
- Remove, install, recondition, repair and make necessary
adjustments on the various hydraulic controls and components such
as, cylinders, pumps, valves and hydraulic attachments.
- Perform diagnostic tests on hydraulic systems for operational
pressures and flow check.
- Must be able to meet flat rate as established by Caterpillar
and industry standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Additional duties as assigned by the Service Manager.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a high school diploma or have a GED.
- Must own hand tools that are suitable to perform the work noted
- Must have a valid Driver's License, with a good driving
- Must be forklift certified or able to be certified within 60
- At least 2 years of industry experience preferred.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written
and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in
- Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven
- Hands/arms operating equipment, hand and power tools.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform
various functions of the job
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service books and operate
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone and in person.
- Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for
safety in and around shop and construction sites and to receive
communication by radio, phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and vehicles.
- Lying: Lies in prone position under vehicles and
- Occasionally will work in unfavorable conditions.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent
- Temp/Weather: Works in a service shop and field
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions
of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne CAT is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. M/F/V/D Associated topics: breakdown, customer service,
diagnose, equipment, machine maintenance, maintenance, maintenance
mechanic, maintenance technician, mechanical, millwright
Keywords: Hawthorne Machinery, Maui , Diesel Maintenance Technician, Engineering , Kapaa, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!