Civil Engineer Senior
Company: Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Position Title: Civil Engineer Senior Work Location: Kihei,
Maui, HI Job Description: The Civil Engineer is responsible for
designing design, build, supervise, operate, construct and maintain
infrastructure projects and systems for the US Space Force site on
Maui (Kihei and Haleakala sites). They ensure each project is
feasible by analyzing local and environmental impacts and making
sure that they can be completed on time within the budget
restrictions. In addition, the candidate shall monitor progress to
assure deadlines, standards, and targets are met satisfying the
customers mission needs. This individual ensures that technical
demands and related procedures adhere to organizational values,
enabling staff, customers, and partners. Essential Duties and
- Provide analysis, technical expertise, and recommendations to
support the 15 SpSS civil engineering requirements.
- Reviews real property records entered/updated in the BUILDER
SMS program by third-party contractors.
- Evaluate outputs of BUILDER SMS program and provide recommended
repair work with prioritization to the government for work order
- Provide actionable recommendations for government action when
areas for improvement or of non-compliance are identified.
- Analyzing survey reports, long-range plans, maps, and other
data to design new projects.
- Considering budget, regulations, and environmental hazards
during risk-analysis stage.
- Preparing material, equipment and labor cost estimates and
confirming costs are within the budget.
- Forecasting design and construction timeline.
- Completing and submitting all permit applications to the
appropriate agencies and ensuring projects are compliant throughout
the design and construction stages.
- Overseeing soil testing to establish soil strength and building
- Using design software to create project drawings and
- Managing repair and maintenance of infrastructure
- Develop and review Charrette; Functional Analysis Concept
Develop (FACD); Request for Proposal (RFP) development for MILCON
and Facilities Sustainment, Repair and Modernization (FSRM)
projects; Review all design phases for final signature.
- Coordinate Construction with affected USSF parties.
- Identify new or changed planning standards, Unified Facilities
Criteria (UFCs), U.S. laws, Executive Orders, and Department of
Defense (DoD) regulations; propose changes to current Program and
Initiative planning to incorporate these revisions.
- Manage repair/MILCON projects.Qualifications: To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 8+years of experience in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university in civil/structural engineering, architectural
engineering, architecture, or related field. Relevant work
experience and training may be considered in lieu of a degree, like
Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Crediting Combinations of
Education and Experience standard.
- Experience working on DoD installations on facilities projects,
maintenance, and operations
- Experience managing MILCON projects.
- Experience with facilities planning and programming (MILCON /
special projects scope.
- Familiarity with AFI 32-1001.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- CAD and AutoCAD proficiency
- Design skills, site development, database design, planning,
conceptual skills, legal compliance, drafting, LISPPhysical
Requirements: Work may involve sitting or standing for extended
periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a
computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including but not
limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties
in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weigh up to
thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Security Clearance: DoD active
security clearance may be required at a high-level security.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and
may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified
information. Company Summary: Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos,
LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in
global information technology and offering professional solutions
in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support,
Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware
Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems
Security, and Business Management Services. Leveraging over 30
years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market
with projects located around the world, our team possesses
innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of
technology solutions. Galapagos, LLC is an equal opportunity
employer. Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT
Solutions... On Time & On Budget." Galapagos, LLC reserves the
right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time.
The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions
functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed,
religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible
veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC, Maui , Civil Engineer Senior, Engineering , Kihei, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!