Fuel Farm Technician
Company: Signature Flight Support Corporation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
- Receive/dispatch jet fuel, gasoline, diesel fuel, avgas and
glycol via pipeline and/or trucks.
- Sample and test products for quality control, perform
inspections and basic maintenance on facility, fuel systems and
- Support quality control technicians with hydraulic, pneumatic
and electrical reports and preventative maintenance of equipment at
fuel storage facility/system including related equipment on fueling
- Transfer product and monitor storage tanks, pipelines and
related equipment to ensure they remain in good working order to
prevent spills, releases, overfills and product contamination.
- Conduct routine and periodic inspections in compliance with
company, customer, government and industry standards.
- Conduct all work in a safe manner adhering to all company,
customer, industry, local, state and federal safe work
- Make required log entries of fuel transactions, quality control
The following functions may be performed in variable weather and
environmental conditions such as jet engine fumes, dust or jet
engine noise. Must have ability to:
- Regularly stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or
feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel,
crouch, crawl, talk or hear and taste or smell.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Operate company equipment in a safe manner.
- Perform certain tasks such as top gauging and sampling storage
tanks which requires strenuous physical exertion.
- Climb stairways to the top of storage tanks (approximately 75
stairs - 40' high).
- Open and close large valves quickly on 16' product receiving
and delivering pipelines.
- Calculate figures such as discounts, loss/gains, inventories,
inches/feet to gallons/barrels conversions, proportions,
percentages, weights, lengths, diameters, radius, circumferences,
flow rates and volumes in standard and metric.
- Read, write and fluently speak and understand the English
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating
and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
- Wear uniform and insignia as prescribed by the Company.
- Report to work in a regular and timely basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential job functions. High school diploma or
general education degree (GED) plus one (1) year related experience
and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and
experience. Must possess a valid state driver's license. Successful
completion of the Company's PST training program. An Equal
Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
Keywords: Signature Flight Support Corporation, Maui , Fuel Farm Technician, Engineering , Holualoa, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!