Director of Human Resources
Company: Royal Lahaina Resort
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. .
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for staffing
qualified personnel; ensuring employment statute compliance;
overseeing all aspects of wage, benefit, worker's compensation
unemployment; training program direction, implementation and
administration; and employee relations coaching, counseling and
- Direct and supervise Human Resources staff.
- Prepare and maintain Human Resources budget.
- Maintain thorough and current knowledge of all Human
Resources/employee regulations and laws, and ensure that the
property is in compliance.
- Participate in EEO, Unemployment, Wage & Hour, Worker's
Compensation, OSHA, ADA, Immigration and Naturalization Service
hearings. Implement policies and programs to guarantee
- Communicate new policies, information, and directives to all
- Instruct staff in interpretation of HR policies and
- Ensure staffs compliance with HR policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and monitor recruitment, screening and reference
checking of all non-exempt personnel.
- Recruit, interview and recommend all exempt personnel.
- Maintain employee benefits programs.
- Set up, approve, and maintain all wage and salary programs,
including performance evaluations.
- Recommend and/or approve all employee transitions, i.e. new hire,
transfer, promotion, etc.
- Maintain open door policy.
- Monitor and analyze turnover statistics.
- Conduct training classes.
- Update and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Participate in and monitor safety committee in compliance with
Loss Prevention SOP's.
- Ensure compliance with all HR related Loss Prevention SOP's.
- Establish and maintain safety incentive program.
- Become a certified trainer in all current HR training
- Participate in and monitor effectiveness of Highgate Hotel
- Maintain Heroes of Hospitality (Employee of Month/Year)
- Practice positive employee relations, including coaching,
counseling & discipline.
- Develop and maintain "no cost" benefit programs.
- Monitor Service Standards by Position training program.
- Participate in and monitor orientation programs.
- Develop managers for future advancement.
- Ensure managers are using coaching, counseling and discipline to
- Ensure Associate Opinion Survey is completed by all
- Condense and expedite paperwork, develop internal communications,
improve record keeping.
- Develop and maintain suggestion box program.
- Plan and edit employee newsletter.
- Manage all personnel files.
- Manage resume and application files.
- Develop and monitor recruitment resources.
Keywords: Royal Lahaina Resort, Maui , Director of Human Resources, Executive , Lahaina, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!