Assistant Director of F&B
Company: Royal Lahaina Resort
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The Assistant Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for
assisting in coordinating, supervising and directing all property
food and beverage operations, while maintaining a profitable
F&B department and high quality products and service levels.
He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce
employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet
budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful,
and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Assist in supervising all F&B personnel.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparing the F&B budget and monitor department
performance. Perform any necessary follow-up, including
- Monitor industry trends, take appropriate action to maintain
competitive and profitable operations.
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of
F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or
matters requiring his/her attention.
- Assist in coordinating and monitoring all phases of Loss
Prevention in the F&B department.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Organize and conduct department meetings on a regular basis.
- Monitor quality of service and product.
- Cooperate in menu planning and preparation.
- Ensure timely purchase of F&B items, within budget
- Assist in overseeing operations of the employee cafeteria.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and
- Ensure departmental compliance with SOP's.
- Ensure the training of department heads on SOP's, report
preparation, technical job tasks.
- Attend and/or conduct departmental and hotel training (CARE, One
to One ), etc.
- Interview candidates for front-of-house F&B positions and
follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Keywords: Royal Lahaina Resort, Maui , Assistant Director of F&B, Executive , Lahaina, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!