Area Manager - Maui
Company: H&R Block
Posted on: June 23, 2022
What you'll do...
Joining us as a Area Manager, you'll provide leadership over four
H&R Block tax offices. Using your people management experience
and passion for helping people, you'll provide leadership to the
customer-centric teams in the offices you manage to accelerate a
year-round tax business.
You'll serve as the front-line manager responsible for leadership
and development of associates, delivering an outstanding client
experience, and achieving all office related growth objectives for
four tax offices. Prior tax preparation experience is not
This is a full-time year-round role 'owning' an Annual Operating
Plan which includes the sales and profit results of an Island.
Day to day, you'll...
- Hiring and Managing office staffing, operations, and logistics
for four offices
- Partner with the District General Manager (DGM) to create and
implement office-level growth plans and client growth targets,
which includes developing local partnerships and managing office
- Be the on Island Recruiter finding Talent to staff the four
offices of Tax Professionals, Assistants, and Receptionists. You
will do so in partnership with your DGM
- Build an engaging team environment, across all offices, by
training and coaching associates while holding them accountable to
execute on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and recognizing
outstanding associate contributions
- Conduct timely performance reviews and partner with Associate
Relations Center to resolve associate issues and address
- Lead daily team meetings and communicate essential information
to tax office associates
- Create associate work schedules across all offices and ensure
accurate timekeeping, as well as labor management, for staff in all
- Travel between the four offices as weekly
About H&R Block...
H&R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've been
true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded
our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have approximately
12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who
join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something
bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a
strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how determined,
forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our
leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and much more.
H&R Block is committed to diversity and inclusion and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified
applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status,
sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation,
citizenship, or any other legally protected class. All qualified
applicants are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
Visit BlockBenefits.com to learn more about H&R Block
As part of our on-going COVID-19 compliance efforts, H&R Block
is asking all associates to voluntarily share their COVID-19
vaccination status. Associates who are unvaccinated or who choose
not to share their vaccine information will be required to wear a
mask while at work and comply with other safety precautions.
It would be even better if you also had...
- Multi-unit people management experience in the retail,
restaurant, banking, or other related industry; management of
people within military service positions can also be a good fit
Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply!
What you'll bring to the team...
- People management experience, with the demonstrated ability to
grow and develop associates
- Demonstrated aptitude for growth plan execution and ability to
lead towards growth culture
- Strong decision-making and judgment skills and the ability to
function well in a fast-paced environment with minimal
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a
customer-centric mindset that seeks to understand and exceed client
- Computer proficient with the ability to use MS Office
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with the equivalent
combination of experience
- Successful completion of the H&R Block Tax Knowledge
Assessment or Income Tax Course (if preparing tax returns)
Keywords: H&R Block, Maui , Area Manager - Maui, Executive , Kahului, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!