LU'AU STAGE MANAGER
Company: Royal Lahaina Resort
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The overall goal of the Activities Manager is to continually strive
to achieve the companies' goals through coaching, training and
managing all Pool Attendant staff and developing a seasonal live
music and activities package to enhance the value of a guest stay
at the property. The Activities Manager must provide exceptional
customer service to satisfy expectations and heightened experience
for all guests. The Activities Manager is directly responsible for
staffing and training in all receptive areas following Highgate
standards and SOPs.
To achieve the responsibilities of the Activities Manager there
needs to be a constant line of communication with the Department
Managers to maintain high standard levels and assure guest
experience both in rooms and common areas. To have a constant
knowledge of daily, weekly, monthly and yearly budget goals to
schedule activity events .
- To have a thorough knowledge and understanding of Highgate Hotel
policies, Rules and Codes of Conduct. To communicate and implement
to the team while overseeing departments.
- To be knowledgeable in Guest Services, Activities and Public
Areas procedures and expectations.
- To maximize revenues and occupancy percentages by adding value to
the hotel amenities and resort fees.
- To have an understanding of weekly ranking on Trip Advisor. To
communicate with the team the score and find ways of improving the
Hotel's position on the Trip Advisor list.
- To maintain high standards of the Pool Attendant associates work
performance by continually monitoring, performing manager
observation checklists, coaching and training. To update and
maintain the policy and procedures manual. To review their work
performance as scheduled by hotel procedures and submit evaluations
- To interview, hire staff members, train, counsel and issue
progressive disciplinary action to include terminating when
- To document human resources related challenges and communicate
directly to the Property Manager and Hotel Leadership Team as
- To maintain high standards in exceptional customer service. To
ensure positive guest relations through continuous contact with
hotel guests and resolution of any problems in a timely manner. To
perform all job duties of maximizing guest service while
simultaneously maximizing company goals and objectives.
- To respond to the guest issues, complaints and comments either
through emails or typed written letters in a timely manner as it
relates to the Highgate SOP. To accept constructive feedback and
work to improve any deficiencies based on the information provided.
To make appropriate decisions and respond accordingly.
- To coordinate and post staff work schedules for proper coverage
keeping very close attention to over time. Approve hours worked to
submit for payroll on a weekly basis.
- Regularly direct the work of at least two or more full-time
employees during a shift.
- Monitor payroll daily to address the work demand/ needs and have
efficient payroll management.
- To hold scheduled meetings with each other and to maintain an
open line of communication of all pertinent information.
- To monitor the shift changes to assure there is accurate
communication between employees.
- To have a sense of awareness on cleanliness and orderliness of
grounds and pool areas as well as common areas on a daily
- To perform year and month end duties including reporting, month
end reconciliations, and inventory of and order supplies, including
uniforms and nametags.
- To attend scheduled management team meetings and all meetings
related to Activities and Pool Attendants.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Property Manager,
Assistant General Manager and General Manager based on operational
- To be conscientious of activities and pool supplies to keep
- Keep inventory tracking and place orders based on the monthly
- Responsible for receiving and invoice control on items ordered.
Including completing Checkbook.
- To be knowledgeable of pool attendants responsibilities.
- Take action and implement new procedures based on the comments
from the Associate Opinion Survey. Motivate the team to improve
scores and achieve Highgate score goals.
- To know all property policies and adhere to all fire, safety and
security procedures according to management and hotel policy.
- To comply with all Highgate hotel policies and standard operating
procedures of the Rules and Codes of Conduct.
Keywords: Royal Lahaina Resort, Maui , LU'AU STAGE MANAGER, Executive , Lahaina, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!