Program Manager, Diabetes
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Facilitates, establishes, and manages diabetes programs,
processes, and policies, to develop and assure an effective
environment for nursing care. Supports nursing and nursing leaders
in the development of nurse policy and procedure and care delivery
related to diabetes care. Supports nursing in communication,
quality monitoring and clinical workforce development. Provides
leadership and consultation for development, execution, monitoring
and evaluation of nursing services.Essential Responsibilities:
- Provides patient teaching and training on diabetes care.
Consults with nursing staff and physicians on the patients plan of
care. Documents interventions, follow up, and plan for each patient
consult. Provides services that are within scope of license and in
compliance with all legal, regulatory and policy requirement
relevant to clinical role performed. Helps to develop registered
nurse clinical expertise in diabetes care. Assists nursing
leadership in development of their staff in the safe and effective
care of diabetic patients. Promotes and delivers evidenced based
practices. Maintains current knowledge of relevant State, Federal,
and agency requirement for diabetes care and new interpretation of
- Manages and develops diabetes training and classes for nursing
staff. Serves as resource for efforts to comply with recommended
and mandated standards in advocating for appropriate nursing
services and projects throughout organization.
- Manages and develops diabetes classes for programs outside of
the organization. Coordinates and schedules classes and other
health promotion activities including staffing, curriculum
follow-through, and evaluation.
- Supports appropriate design and implementation of nursing
policy and procedures related to diabetes care. Defines standards
and provides directions on guidelines and education.
- Consults with physicians and nursing to supports patient and
medication safety in regard to insulin and other diabetic
- Designs and supports nurse managers in appropriate monitoring
of diabetes nursing practice in their departments.
- Incorporates the KP Nursing Vision, Model, and Values
throughout their Nursing Practice.Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical nursing experience.
- Bachelors degree in nursing. -License, Certification,
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii)
- CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers OR Basic Life Support
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, decision
making, critical thinking skills, group presentations, group
process facilitation, influence, interpersonal relations, oral
communication, project management, systems thinking, team building,
teamwork, and written communication.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing,
spreadsheet, database, and electronic medical record PC skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement processes and
- Certification that demonstrates advanced knowledge and
competency in the area of diabetic care. i.e. CDE (Certified
Diabetic Educator).Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed &
Keywords: Kaiser, Maui , Program Manager, Diabetes, Executive , Kula, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!