Front Office Manager
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
JOB SUMMARY Responsible for all front office functions and staff.
Areas of responsibility include Bell Staff, Switchboard Operations,
Guest Services/Front Desk and Retail/Gift Shop, as applicable. As a
department head, directs and works with managers and employees to
successfully execute all front office operations, including guest
arrival and departure procedures. Strives to continually improve
guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial
performance of the department. Relocation Assistance - Yes
CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest
services, front desk, or related professional area. OR
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and
Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration or
related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front
desk, or related professional area. CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Leading
Guest Services Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead,
influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business
decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation
among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day
operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform
duties in employees' absence.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships
with employees and ensures employees do the same within the
- Ensures recognition of employees is taking place across areas
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job
descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions
of team members. Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget
goals, team goals, etc.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards
and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and
accomplish your work.
- Keeps Front Office team focused on the critical components of
operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial
- Conducts department meetings and continually communicates a
clear and consistent message regarding the Front Office goals to
produce desired results.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service,
operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Understands the impact of Front Office operations on the Rooms
area and overall property financial goals.
- Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed
budgeted goals. Managing Projects and Policies
- Ensures compliance with all Front Office policies, standards
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and
consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are
completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures
(SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process. Ensuring
Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer
satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to
understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and
individual coaching when needed.
- Supervises and managing employees. Managing all day-to-day
operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform
duties in employees' absence.
- Acts as the Service Champion for the Front Office and creates a
positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent
customer service, and creates a positive atmosphere for guest
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensures that all Front Office areas have an atmosphere that is
conducive to the overall guest experience.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other
data to identify areas of improvement.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback
to individuals and/or managers. Managing and Conducting Human
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching,
mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including
setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Establishes challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to
guide operation and performance.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an open door policy, and
reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address
employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for Front
- Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report
- Interviews and hires managers and hourly employee team members
with the appropriate skills and in a timely manner to meet the
business needs of the operation. Additional Responsibilities
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and
subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best
solution and solve problems.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the
subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Identifies and analyzes Front Office operational challenges and
facilitates the development of solutions to prevent
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Maui , Front Office Manager, Executive , Lahaina, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!