OR Manager - Maui Memorial Med Ctr
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Job Summary: In collaboration with Anesthesia and Surgical
Services (SAS) management team, participates in developing,
planning, implementing of departmental goals and objectives.
-Assess, plans, implements, evaluates and ensures optimal patient
care is delivered to surgical patients according to established
standards of care provided during all operative phases of process.
-Provides and supports functional direction through effective
leadership and Quality Improvement principles to insure quality
patient care and employee satisfaction. -Plans, directs, and
supervises daily operational activities of assigned staff in
Operating Rooms. -Serves as a liaison between supervisors,
physicians, nursing personnel, patients/families and other
departments to direct smooth transitions of patient care activities
during perioperative experience. -Coordinates departmental
activities to ensure optimum patient care. -Directs flow of
Surgical Schedule. Supervises assigned staff.Essential
- Serves as coach and resource to staff by coordinating and
supporting team activities, encouraging and modeling active
participation and total quality principles and methodologies, and
sharing accountability for outcomes.
- Encourages employees to take action. -Encourages cross training
through learning, sharing, and informal/formal training. -Promotes
effective use of resources through continuous process/quality
improvement. -Identifies and removes barriers related to efficient
- Oversees activities of staff in department to ensure that
optimal performance is met. -Acts as enabler for successful
performance, by ensuring that departments have adequate resources
- Manages payroll and/or non-payroll budget. -Monitors
expenditures and ensures compliance with budget. -Promotes
effective use of resources.
- Collaborates with customer stakeholders in establishing
policies, procedures, performance goals and measures. -Monitors and
ensures teams performance against same. -Ensures seamless seamless
and consistent servicing of all customers. -Serves as Teams
customer relations contact on requests for training, education,
presentations, and special projects.
- Collaborates with other teams on issues requiring shared
accountability or decision-making. -Shares accountability for
- Contributes to team success by sharing learnings and specialty
expertise with team members. -Promotes team play and motivates team
- Develops, establishes, and maintains inter-organization contact
with various groups, entities or department to insure adequate flow
of information and cooperation at all levels.
- Interprets and implements TJC, AORN, State and Federal
requirements recommendations within department/hospital and assures
- Delegates authority and responsibility to staff based on their
competency level and capability. -Assists in daily review of staff
assignments and specialty assignments through collaboration with
head nurse and management team.
- Analyzes, plans, and makes recommendations for future
departmental planning needs, regarding physical expansion,
renovation and or expansion of services provided.
- Selects and maintains computerized O.R. Management/Information
System to evaluate, document and analyze O.R. utilization and
activities. -Designs format and compiles.
- Controls and monitors physical and perpetual inventories.
-Develops inventory control program for on-going evaluation of
supplies and equipment to control cost, monitor usage and assure
standardization where possible.
- Establishes scheduling practices. -Monitors block utilization
and allocates block time to assure efficient O.R. resource
utilization. Coordinates scheduling activities with clinic
- Coordinates projects and service standards. -Serves as liaison
in regards to O.R. operational issues when dealing with specialty
heads, workroom and systems assistants.
- Coordinates delivery of care perioperatively with Anesthesia,
O.R. Staff, Physicians, PACU, OP and Inpatient Nursing Staff.
-Establishes inter-departmental standards and procedures to resolve
patient care issues.
- Manages and participates in department/physician research
projects to promote professional development. -Advises management
on current technology as applied to O.R. Services.
- Establishes assessment programs to assure staff competency in
clinical, technical, and interpersonal skills required to be an
effective team member.
- Coordinates with Nurse Executive Team for implementation of
Patient Safety Initiatives within the Surgical Services.
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain
clinical expertise, competency, and licensing necessary to fulfill
job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the
- Provides direct patient care on an as needed basis. Provides
services that are within scope of license and in compliance with
all legal, regulatory, and policy requirements relevant to clinical
- Hires, trains, supervises, counsels, disciplines, and
terminates assigned staff as appropriate.
- Communicates goals, objectives, accountabilities, priorities,
and authority parameters to assigned staff. Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory or charge nurse
- Minimum five (5) years related nursing experience.
- Bachelors degree in nursing or RN with three years nursing
management experience. License, Certification, Registration
- Basic Life Support OR CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii) Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations, licensure requirements,
and risk management principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change
management, conflict resolution, decision making, customer service,
group process facilitation, influence, interpersonal relations,
oral communication, problem solving, quality management, systems
thinking, team building, written communication, organizational
theory, and leadership. Preferred Qualifications:
- O.R. management experience.
- Masters degree in nursing, healthcare administration,
education, or related area.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing
Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Maui , OR Manager - Maui Memorial Med Ctr, Executive , Kula, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...