Company: HALE MAKUA
Posted on: February 22, 2021
The Home Health Clinical Manager is responsible to the Home
Health Administrator, and supervises the Home Health RNs, LPNs,
Aides, Medical Social Workers, Registered Therapists/Assistants,
and Office Coordinator. Works closely with referral sources, the
home health team, all other involved health professionals, and the
- Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and
- Participates in the development of standards which ensure safe
and therapeutically effective service to patient/family.
- Provides oversight of all patient care services including:
- Making patient and personnel assignments.
- Coordinating patient care.
- Coordinating referrals.
- Ensuring that patient needs are continually assessed.
- Ensuring the development, implementation, and updates of the
individualized plan of care.
- Consults with the Administrator in determining a staffing
pattern which will accomplish stated objectives and promote a
maximum level of utilization of health personnel and
- Makes staff, patient and on-call assignments. Ensures that
assigned personnel have demonstrated competency in necessary tasks
- Ability to supervise, guide and develop nursing skills and
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, evaluating and terminating
- Assists in instituting, interpreting and documenting
- Responsible for the orientation of new patient care
- Assists in the planning and consultative needs of staff.
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of policies and
procedures which meet Medicare, Medicaid, accrediting bodies, state
and local laws.
- Displays a willingness to support policies and procedures and
uses appropriate channels for changes of such policies.
- Assists in the organization of nursing services to delineate
and delegate functional responsibility, lines of relationship and
communication to provide safe and therapeutically effective
- Participates in the coordination of Agency's services with the
services of other community agencies.
- Participates in studies and research and other administrative
functions as assigned.
- Serves as a role model for all colleagues by setting an example
of high standards in dress, conduct, cooperation and job
- Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient related
- Accepts responsibility for regular attendance and punctuality;
fulfills job related requirements without regard to time
- Serves as a resource person to employees.
- Develops a cooperative relationship and communicates
effectively and professionally with physicians.
- Immediately reports any accident, incident, lost articles or
unusual occurrence to the Administrator.
- Attends pertinent continuing education programs other than
routine inservices and shares information with staff.
- Monitors equipment for appropriate use and takes steps to keep
misuse to a minimum.
- Assists with the Agency's ongoing Quality Assessment and
Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
- Assures the development, implementation and updates of the
individualized patient plans of care.
- Reviews patient medical records for compliance with federal,
state, accrediting bodies, local and Agency policies and
- Conducts patient care conferences, staff meetings and maintains
documentation. Participates in community education projects.
- Ensures that all necessary supplies and equipment are
- Must be able to perform nursing functions in times of staff
- Available to share on-call with nursing personnel as
- Ensures that documentation is completed in accordance with
- Assumes the same responsibilities and obligations as
Administrator in the Administrator's absence.
- Assures that the patient needs are continually assessed.
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing or
therapy school and currently licensed in the state of Hawaii.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience, preferred. One (1)
year experience in home health, preferred.--
- Must be knowledgeable in home care delivery policies and
procedures providing care to homebound patients, under a
physician's plan of treatment. Must be knowledgeable of Medicare,
Medicaid, and other third party payor plans for home care.
- Must have own reliable automobile available and must maintain
current driver's license and auto insurance; or ability to travel
in a reasonable period of time to patient's homes and other
off-site work functions.--
- Must maintain current basic CPR certification.
- Must possess demonstrated leadership ability.--
- Must demonstrate excellent organization and time management
skills, excellent interpersonal relationships and excellent
communication skills with the ability to set priorities.--
- Must function independently, have flexibility, maturity,
personal integrity and the ability to work cooperatively and
effectively with others.--
- Must deal tactfully with staff, patients, families, care
givers, physicians, other health professionals and the general
- Must be well groomed with a professional appearance and
demeanor.-- COMPENSATION Non-Bargaining. Salary commensurate on
education and work experience.
Keywords: HALE MAKUA, Maui , Clinical Manager, Healthcare , Kahului, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!