Restorative Nursing & Infection Control Program Supervisor
Company: HALE MAKUA
Posted on: February 23, 2021
RESPONSIBILITIES Responsible to the Director of Nursing at Hale
Makua Kahului and supervises all staff in the Restorative Nursing
Program. Works closely with residents, families, physicians, the
interdisciplinary team (IDT), and community agencies. RESTORATIVE
- As a licensed nurse, supervises the activities in the
Restorative Nursing Program (RNP)..
- Conducts assessment for candidates for admission to RNP.
Reviews existing care plans and MDS assessments.
- Initiates plans of care for residents admitted to RNP. Sets and
- Ensures required documentation is specific to the resident,
addresses frequency and duration of RNP activities.
- Delegates work appropriately to the Head Restorative Aide and
other Restorative Aides.
- Recommends selection and promotion of RNP staff. Supervises and
evaluates work performance to ensure compliance with directives,
and established policies and procedures. Coaches, commends and
counsels care partners as appropriate. Issues verbal and written
warnings on own initiative; initiates and recommends suspension or
discharge to the Director of Nursing..
- Develops and implements practices to improve patient care
through infection surveillance and prevention activities.
Supervises and conducts on-going surveillance of Hale Makua Kahului
residents and staff.
- Serves as a working member of the Infection Control Committee,
responsible for coordinating, implementing and evaluating the
standards of patient care developed by the Committee. Compiles,
interprets, analyzes and reports surveillance data to
- Designs prevention activities to prevent the spread of
organisms to Hale Makua's residents, patients, employees, medical
staff members, service workers, volunteer students and
- Promotes collaboration with the patient care teams to ensure
compliance with basic infection prevention principles.
- Ensures reporting of infections and/or communicable diseases to
the appropriate public health authority. Continues self-education
by reviewing current literature, attending workshops, seminars and
- Maintains all staff and resident vaccinations and ensures
current as required by CMS and DOH. . OTHER DUTIES
- Complies with all applicable statutes, rules, regulations,
policies and procedures.
- Enhances own professional growth and development through
participation in educational programs, current literature,
in-service meetings and workshops. Attends all mandatory
- Maintains confidentiality of resident, client, guest
information and the business of the organization.
- Practices effective communication and interpersonal skills to
enhance positive teamwork and relationships both internally and
- Answers guest call bells and alarms within scope of
- Understands and models the organizations' mission, vision and
- Willingly performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Full-time. Work schedule is Monday to Friday, Day Shift.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing; current State of
Hawaii RN license required.--
- At least three (3) years' experience in a hospital or a long
term care facility. Previous experience in Infection Prevention and
Certification (ICP) in Infection Prevention are highly desirable;
or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supervisory experience preferred. Must be able to complete ICP
certification within 3 months of hire.
- Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid services, habilitative, and
restorative services, assessments and care planning, and all
applicable CMS regulations, guidelines, and policies. An ability to
implement and evaluate the effectiveness of Eldercare approaches.
Knowledge of application of principles of supervision in assigning,
and evaluating activities of staff. Knowledge of Electronic Medical
- Demonstrated leadership abilities. Patience, active listening
skills, verbal and non-verbal communication skills. Problem solving
ability, ability to set priorities and delegate duties. Demonstrate
sense of humor and respect for all people you come in contact with.
A career that is free from abuse, neglect, and professional nursing
- Must meet the mental and physical standards deemed necessary
for performance of duties including but not limited to: The ability
to deal with stress. Examples of these stresses include, but are
not limited to unusual or impaired behavior by Elders, family
reactions to having a loved one in the home, death and dying,
oversight of State Surveyors, Ombudsmen, and Federal officials,
presence of consultants and Attorneys, and variable involvement of
medical staff. Must be able to move freely about and push or lift
50 lbs or more safely. This role will include occasional climbing
and balancing, regular stooping, bending, standing, sitting, and
reaching. You must be able to speak, read, and write the English
language in an understandable manner. You must be able to see and
hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function
adequately, to ensure that the requirements of this role can be
fully met. COMPENSATION Non-Bargaining Salary based on education
and relevant work experience.
Keywords: HALE MAKUA, Maui , Restorative Nursing & Infection Control Program Supervisor, Healthcare , Kahului, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!