Company: Patelco Credit Union
Location: Kailua Kona
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser
Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including
telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety
of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring
activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas
and job categories. For more information on Kaiser Permanente's
response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center . Strength is
Relative. Potential is Infinite. Help your patients achieve their
goals while realizing those of your own. Working alongside clinical
experts and physicians, you'll have the freedom, resources, and
support you need to develop innovative care plans and improve your
patients' quality of life. Audiologist Dispensing Description:
Performs fitting, dispensing, and minor adjustments of hearing
aids, assistive listening devices, and related items. Measures
hearing. Selects, adapts and sells hearing aids or manufactures
impressions for earmolds. Develops and sustains productive,
cooperative member/patient relationships. Seeks information to
understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations,
and needs. Considers impact of actions and plans on
members/patients. Responds to member/patient needs and resolves
problems. Understands and incorporates the Ventures business model.
Assists with supervising assigned staff. Essential
- Measures hearing by an audiometer or by other means. Selects,
adapts and sells hearing aids or manufactures impressions for
- Assists patient in selection of suitable hearing aids and/or
assistive listening devices. Counsels patients with hearing loss
regarding hearing aid technology, advantages and limitations of
hearing aids, and patients' candidacy for personal amplification
and/or assistive listening devices.
- Dispenses hearing aids and/or assistive listening devices to
patients. Performs audiometric procedures including programming,
rehabilitation, electro-acoustic and functional gain measures tests
to determine patient's hearing level, site of any damage to
auditory system, and its organic or inorganic nature.
- Confirms otoscopically that there is no cerumen or other type
of obstruction within external auditory canal which may contradict
or interfere with fitting a hearing aid.
- Incorporates and coordinates audiometric results with
diagnostic data (e.g., educational, medical, social, and behavioral
information). Anticipates/predicts potential benefits of use of
hearing aids and/or special training.
- Prepares, coordinates, and presents patient educational
seminars relating to pre-hearing aid expectations and post-purchase
use and care.
- Plans, develops, conducts, or participates in habilitative and
rehabilitative programs, including counseling, guidance, auditory
training, and hearing conservation for pre- and post-purchase of
hearing aids by patients. Records diagnostic findings and progress
made. Reports findings as requested.
- Provides reports regarding hearing aid performance, sales,
returns, patient satisfaction, and other reports. Conducts studies
to determine quality of hearing aid services provided to
- Coordinates activities with other audiologists. Provides
feedback regarding patient.
- Maintains relationships with hearing aid manufacturers
regarding ordering, returns, and repairs.
- Researches hearing aid materials and studies. Maintains current
knowledge of products and services. Recommends new lines of hearing
- Utilizes appropriate software to record patient hearing data.
Basic Qualifications: Experience
- Minimum two (2) years of hearing aid dispensing experience.
- Master's degree in audiology. License, Certification,
- Valid Hawaii Audiologist license (must meet education
requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure) upon date of hire.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the
Professional Rescuer certification upon hire.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI). Additional
- Demonstrated ability to administer basic hearing evaluation,
impedance testing, and hearing aid evaluations.
- Familiarity with standard audiometric equipment and various
types of hearing aids.
- Familiarity and experience with hearing aid software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change
management, conflict resolution, customer service, interpersonal
relations, oral communication, quality management and written
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing,
spreadsheet and database PC applications.
- Taxonomy code required at time of hire.
- Rehabilitation and counseling experience with hearing-impaired
patients. Preferred Qualifications:
- Hearing aid sales experience.
- Doctorate's degree in audiology. Primary Location:
Hawaii,Kailua Kona,Kona Medical Offices I Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working
Hours Start: Varies Working Hours End: Varies Job Schedule:
Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee
Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-HI-01-NUE-Non Union Employee Job
Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Rehab Services
Department: Head and Neck-Audiology Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming
career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you! Sign
up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your
Keywords: Patelco Credit Union, Maui , Audiologist Dispensing, Healthcare , Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!