RN - Kohala Home Health (Big Island)
Company: Queen's Health System
Posted on: May 13, 2022
To fulfill the intent of Queen Emma and King Kamehameha IV to
provide in perpetuity quality health care services to improve the
well-being of Native Hawaiians and all the people of Hawaii.
Scope of Service
We provide intermittent quality care for homebound patients, of all
ages, by offering a network of services to meet the emotional and
physical needs of both patients and families. We provide Skilled
Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, as
well as Certified Home Health Aide care, and Medical Social Worker
services. Our service area includes Hilo, Hamakua, North and South
Kohala, North Kona, Keaau and Volcano.
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for coordinating clinical care of patient.
- Integrates all health care providers to ensure high quality
patient/family outcomes, and establishes a consistent and
accountable relationship with patient/family. Key responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, initiation and development of the
plan of care, patient/family education, utilization management and
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Essential: lifting up to 2 lb., seeing, hearing, talking,
grasping, fingering, standing, walking, stooping, forward reaching,
- Frequent: pushing and pulling up to 30 psi, lifting up to 10
lbs., sitting, bending, squatting, twisting.
- Occasional: pushing and pulling up to 70 psi; lifting:
horizontal lift/carry up to 75 lbs. with assistance, floor to waist
up to 35 lbs., waist to shoulder up to 25 lbs., overhead level up
to 15 lbs.; carrying up to 35 lbs, running, climbing, side bending,
kneeling, crouching, overhead reaching.
- Operates various machines/tools/work aids.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental
- Exposure to body fluids, blood products, and communicable
- Work environment may be highly stressful, fast paced and
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
- Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current Hawaii State license as a Registered Nurse.
- Current certification at BLS/HCP level. Additional
certifications may be required based on area of assignment.
- One (1) year of RN Skilled Nursing experience within the last
five (5) years is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet
Keywords: Queen's Health System, Maui , RN - Kohala Home Health (Big Island), Healthcare , Waimea, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!