MauiRecruiter Since 2001
the smart solution for Maui jobs

Registered Nurse - ER (Big Island, Full-Time, 36, Day/Night)

Company: Queen's Health System
Location: Waimea
Posted on: August 4, 2022

Job Description:

Scope of Service The North Hawaii Community Emergency Department (ED) is a 13-bed, unit that provides comprehensive emergency medical and nursing services 24 hours a day for patients of all ages. The NHCH Emergency Department is a Level III Trauma Center for the Northern Region of the Island of Hawaii and is affiliated with the Queen's Health System. - North Hawaii Community Hospital has access to a tertiary facility for a higher level of care via medivac. - A trauma team is available 24 hrs/day, seven-days-a-week, and may be activated by the ER Attending on Duty. Additionally, Stroke Code protocol may be activated on patients meeting the stroke criteria via tele-medicine, as well as Code STEMI for acute coronary syndrome. - -Adults constitute 93% of patients seen @ NHCH. The remaining 7% of the patients are under the age of 18. The top 10 chief complaints include abdominal pain, shortness of breath, chest pain, falls, psychiatric problems, cold symptoms, MVA's, multiple trauma, headache and weakness. Responsibilities I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:--- - Responsible for coordinating clinical care of patient. ---- - Integrates all health care providers to ensure high quality patient/family outcomes, and establishes a consistent and accountable relationship with patient/family. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, initiation and development of the plan of care, patient/family education, utilization management and discharge planning.II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:--- - Essential: lifting up to 2 lb., seeing, hearing, talking, grasping, fingering, standing, walking, stooping, forward reaching, handling. ---- - Frequent: pushing and pulling up to 30 psi, lifting up to 10 lbs., sitting, bending, squatting, twisting.--- - Occasional: pushing and pulling up to 70 psi; - lifting: - horizontal lift/carry up to 75 lbs. with assistance, floor to waist up to 35 lbs., waist to shoulder up to 25 lbs., overhead level up to 15 lbs.; - carrying up to 35 lbs, running, climbing, side bending, - kneeling, crouching, overhead reaching.--- - Operates various machines/tools/work aids.III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:--- - Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.--- - Exposure to body fluids, blood products, and communicable diseases.--- - Work environment may be highly stressful, fast paced and hectic.IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:A. - EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:--- - Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing.--- - Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.--- - Current Hawaii State license as a Registered Nurse.--- - Current certification at BLS/HCP level. - Additional certifications may be required based on area of assignment. Additional Requirements Additional Requirements for Experienced RN: A. - -EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE: --- - ACLS and PALS certification. --- - TNCC certification to be obtained within 6 months of hire/transfer date. - - - - - - B. - -EXPERIENCE: --- - At least 12 months of Emergency RN experience in the last 3 years. --- - ICU experience preferred. Equal Employment Opportunity Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet#queens11#PIQNursing PandoLogic. Keywords: Registered Nurse (RN), Location: Waimea, HI - 96796

Keywords: Queen's Health System, Maui , Registered Nurse - ER (Big Island, Full-Time, 36, Day/Night), Healthcare , Waimea, Hawaii

Click here to apply!

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!

I'm looking for
in category

Log In or Create An Account

Get the latest Hawaii jobs by following @recnetHI on Twitter!

Maui RSS job feeds