Hospital Aide - Skilled Nursing Facility
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Summary:Under indirect supervision, performs variety of
non-professional patient care duties for Health Plan members in
inpatient skilled nursing facility (SNF); is responsible and
accountable for assigned tasks.Essential Responsibilities:
- Gives input to RN for development and revision of patient care
- Assists with ongoing data collection; identifies changes in
patient status and reports changes to RN/LPN.
- Implements care plan; sets priorities of care with licensed
- Assists with admissions, discharges and
- Reports evaluation to RN/LPN if outcomes are not met, if
patient responses are unexpected or unusual.
- Records data and nursing care activities in medical record
following Department/Unit/JCAHO standards.
- Utilizes Department and Unit forms per procedures.
- Reports incidents, work related injuries, unsafe equipment or
environment to supervisor or other appropriate person.
- Functions with awareness of and applies infection control
principles and standards, including patient, environment and
- Participates in assigned Quality Improvement activities.
- Reports pertinent patient data at Shift Report; reports
problems to licensed staff, charge nurse or supervisor.
- Practices within Facility and Hospital
- Locates and uses Facility and Hospital manuals, and other
reference manuals/books when necessary.
- Remains calm in emergency patient care/Unit situations; follows
- Assists as directed during Code 500 (chest
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Hospital Aide Training Program or documented completion of
equivalent military training course.License, Certification,
- Basic Life Support required at hire OR CPR/AED for Professional
Rescuers required at hire
- Nurse Aide Certification (Hawaii) within 3 months of
- Experience or successful completion of training program
(pre-hire, post-hire, or on-the-job) in area of specialty, if
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication,
written communication, interpersonal relations, and customer
- Demonstrates sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities in
area of specialization.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to
provide care and/or service appropriate to age groups served.
- Demonstrates knowledge skills, and abilities necessary to
provide culturally sensitive care and/or service.Preferred
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as Hospital Aide.COMPANY:
KAISERTITLE: Hospital Aide - Skilled Nursing FacilityLOCATION:
Kula, HawaiiREQNUMBER: 1148159External hires must pass a background
check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or
conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not
limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Maui , Hospital Aide - Skilled Nursing Facility, Healthcare , Kula, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!