MauiRecruiter Since 2001
the smart solution for Maui jobs

Supervisor, Clinical Operations - Emergency Room and Cardiopulmonary - Full Time

Company: Queen's Health System
Location: Waimea
Posted on: March 20, 2023

Job Description:

The Queen's Health System is a nonprofit health care organization with a rich history of caring for the people of Hawai'i. We have four hospitals and more than 70 preventive, specialty health care locations and labs throughout the Pacific region. And, as the state's largest employer, we have 10,000 caregivers, medical staff, and leadership to help you achieve optimal health and wellness.

Watch this video to explore our history and culture: - Who Is Queen's video

Scope of Service


The North Hawaii Community Emergency Department (ED) is a 13-bed, unit that provides comprehensive emergency medical and nursing services 24 hours a day for patients of all ages. The NHCH Emergency Department is a Level III Trauma Center for the Northern Region of the Island of Hawaii and is affiliated with the Queen's Health System. - North Hawaii Community Hospital has access to a tertiary facility for a higher level of care via medivac. -

A trauma team is available 24 hrs/day, seven-days-a-week, and may be activated by the ER Attending on Duty. Additionally, Stroke Code protocol may be activated on patients meeting the stroke criteria via tele-medicine, as well as Code STEMI for acute coronary syndrome.

Adults constitute 93% of patients seen @ NHCH. The remaining 7% of the patients are under the age of 18. The top 10 chief complaints include abdominal pain, shortness of breath, chest pain, falls, psychiatric problems, cold symptoms, MVA's, multiple trauma, headache and weakness.




--- - Has 24-hour accountability for the clinical operations of the nursing unit(s) and area(s) assigned; ensures high-quality patient care and services, consistent with the mission, vision and philosophy of the organization. -
--- - Participates in the administrative and operational management of unit(s) and area(s) assigned. -
--- - Serves as the manager in the absence of the Nurse Manager. - - - -
--- - Essential: standing, sitting, walking, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking.
--- - Frequent: - sitting, standing, walking, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
--- - Occasional: - stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of one pound up to five pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level.
--- - Operates telephones, patient care devices, computers, surgical equipment, copier.

--- - Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions. -
--- - Subjected to noise/vibrations from intercoms, telephones and monitors. -
--- - Exposure to body fluids and communicable diseases. -
--- - Working environment is fast-paced and may be stressful. -
--- - Frequently works on multiple tasks and priorities at one time.

--- - Current Hawaii State license as Registered Nurse.
--- - Associates degree in Nursing. - Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
--- - Evidence of continuing education.
--- - Current BLS/HCP certification.
--- - Depending upon area of assignment, specialty certification/training may be required.

--- - Minimum three (3) years as a Registered Nurse in an acute care facility. - -
--- - Prior supervisory/leadership experience.

Equal Employment Opportunity


Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet





PandoLogic. Keywords: Clinical Supervisor, Location: Waimea, HI - 96796 , PL: 564609330

Keywords: Queen's Health System, Maui , Supervisor, Clinical Operations - Emergency Room and Cardiopulmonary - Full Time, Healthcare , Waimea, Hawaii

Click here to apply!

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!

I'm looking for
in category

Log In or Create An Account

Get the latest Hawaii jobs by following @recnetHI on Twitter!

Maui RSS job feeds