- Manage and Coordinate activities of associates engaged in
preparing and cooking food.
- You must have knowledge of and be able to perform in any line
position, as needed.
- You are expected to offer guidance and direction to line cooks on
a continual basis, particularly in the execution of food for large,
- Ensure raw ingredients are available and prepared for use in
recipes and food preparation methods are used advises associates in
the preparation, proportion, and garnishing of foods.
- You must be able to deal with all associates in a courteous and
professional manner and have a strong sense of urgency and remain
alert in a busy environment.
- You ensure associates are at all times, attentive, friendly,
helpful and courteous to guests, associates and other managers by
maintaining close communication links with all associates, seeking
input regarding food and beverage issues and acting as a motivating
- You would be required to immediately follow up on accidents,
problems or guest complaints in the Food & Beverage Department.
- Ensure Food & Beverage Staff has up to date TIPS (Serve Safe)
and/or Food Handling Certifications in main kitchen to present to
Health Department Inspector if requested
- Perform in the capacity of any position supervised.
- To develop menus with a wide scope and variety.
- To establish the hours and routines for the internal requisition
- To establish menu cycle or menu choice for employee meals, and
supervise the preparation of all selected food items.
- To monitor presentation of all foods served to hotel guests and
ensure that appearance and quality are consistently maintained.
- To maintain an adequate supply of all provisions in the kitchen
and establish programs that minimize waste and pilferage.
- To report all needed equipment repairs.
- To assist in the planning, writing and pricing of food menus.
- To regularly inspect all kitchen areas to ensure sanitary
- To prepare annual departmental budget according to specifications
set forth by the General Manager, Director of Finance with the
assistance of the property Controller, and the Director of
- To continually monitor and control departmental expenditures to
ensure meeting operational standards while maintaining annual
- To properly document Personnel/Payroll transactions, as directed,
for processing in the Human Resources Office.
- To follow all company policies and procedures.
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous
- To maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all
- To conduct departmental safety training for all new Kitchen
employees, before they begin to work
- Focus on safety and the following of safe work practices by
yourself and those under your direction. Including compliance with
company safety standards, and state and local regulations that
pertain to your department.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as
- You are responsible for all administrative duties, including but
not limited to:
- New associate orientation
- Documentation (i.e. associate evaluations, write ups, imjury
reports and separation notices)
- You ensure strict adherence to recipes and standards of quality
for food served, including:
- Proper handling & storage
- Proper use of techniques and cooking procedures
- Portion Size
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Assist General Manager or Corporate Food & Beverage Manager in
developing promotional ideas.
- Plan and organize monthly departmental meetings.
- Prepare for and conduct associate performance appraisals.
- Maintain and improve the quality and presentation of all food
- Schedule and attend weekly Food & Beverage meeting, daily
pre-meal meetings, and other meetings as required by management
- Perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety