Company: Sonesta International Hotels
Posted on: November 26, 2022
- Must be able workin a fast-pacedenvironment.
- Majority of work takes place indoors.
- Must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures - i.e. freezers,
loading dock.Physical Demands
- Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to push and pull equipment weighing up to 250
- Frequent bending, kneeling and reaching.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.Expected Hours of Work
- Must be flexible to work variable days of the week to include
weekends and holidays.
- Must be flexible to work variable shifts (days, nights,
- Ten to twelve hour shifts sometimes required.Education and
- Previous experience as a kitchen worker preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
preferred.Principle duties and responsibilities (Essential
- Operate dish machine, clean and sanitize pots and pans, china,
glassware, flatware, kitchen equipment and other utensils.
- Store all clean pots and pans, china, glassware, flatware,
kitchen equipment and other utensils to its proper storage location
using care to minimize breakage.
- Clean and sanitize the kitchen and food preparation areas.
- Sweep and mop all kitchen floors and other assigned areas.
- Collect and properly dispose of trash.
- Service food for the Employee Cafeteria as specified by the
Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Adhere to established safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Adhere to uniform and grooming standards.
- Perform other duties or projects as requested by
management.Qualifications and Skills
- Attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests,
managers and fellow employees.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Prioritization and time management skills.
- Able to work quickly without compromising quality.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain a high
level of performance.
- Must be able to tolerate hot temperatures in excess of 110
degrees near dish machine, when assigned for entire shift.
- Must be able to tolerate the use of certain chemicals for
cleaning and sanitizing.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping
ensure the health and financial security of employees and their
families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees
including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings
Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company
Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts,
Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life
Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws,
rules, or regulations.
Keywords: Sonesta International Hotels, Maui , Utility Dishwasher, Hospitality & Tourism , Lihue, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!