Regular Part Time Program Assistant - West Kauai C
Company: Boys & Girls Club of Hawaii
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job DescriptionSalary: $15.00/hrAbout BGCHThe mission of Boys &
Girls Clubs of Hawaii is to enable all young people, especially
those who need us most, to reach their full potential as
productive, caring, responsible citizens. The after-school hours
have become a critical time for youth – a time when many children
in our communities are left to fend for themselves without positive
adult supervision. We provide a safe place filled with hope and
opportunity, ongoing relationships with caring adult mentors, and
enriching programs. Overview of the roleThe Boys & Girls Club
Clubhouse in West Kauai is seeking to fill a Program Assistant
position for elementary, middle school and high school programs.
The BGCH is seeking employees that can work well and collaborate
with other co-workers, are willing to take initiative in
programming and with the youth, and are able to take direction from
supervisors in order to accomplish the mission of the
organization.Who you are
- On your resume. You have a high school diploma or equivalent.
You have 1 year experience working with youth.
- You can pass a background check and drug screening to
- Patient and kind. You are warm and good with kids, especially
- Positive role model. You lead by a positive example that our
youth can look up to.
- You make learning fun and thrive doing hands-on activities
(sports, arts and crafts, etc.)
- Self-Directed. You are well-organized and you can work
independently with limited supervision.
- You want to make a difference in the lives of our amazing
youth. You come to the Clubhouse with purpose and drive that you
share with those around you. You get energized being around
- You communicate and work effectively with those around you with
diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- You enjoy fast-paced energetic environments.
- You are able to work M-F and some weekends.
- Teachable/Curious. You are eager to learn, which is great
because YOU WILL LEARN A TON!!!
- You bring positive energy to the Clubhouse and understand that
there is a balance between work tasks and having a good time. What
- Implement high-yield learning, healthy lifestyles, and sports
- Program Planning and Implementation
- Assist in planning and implementing age-appropriate activities
which may include but may not be limited to one of the following
Boys & Girls Club "core" program concepts and/or curriculum.
- Assist with regular evaluations of program activities and make
changes as necessary to ensure quality service.
- Main job responsibilities include:
- Create and implement engaging, interactive programs for youth
ages 6-17 and implementing programs in all three priority outcome
- Academic Success,
- Good Character & Citizenship, and
- Healthy Lifestyles.BGCH Benefits Discover why BGCH is the
latest Best Place to Work in Hawaii:
- Lots of opportunities to grow!
- Community: work with inspiring and awesome co-workers. This is
rated as the #1 reason BGCH employees love working at BGCH!
- Purpose: An opportunity to make the world a better place for
those youth who need us the most!
- 19 days of PTO (full time) plus your Birthday Holiday! We offer
PTO for part-time team members too!
- Up to 17 Paid Holidays a year!
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (over
20 hours). Discounts are offered for your family too (employee to
- Pension with an 8% match of your salary (after working a
designated # of hours).
- Free Life Insurance (over 30 hours a week).
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
- Amazon Gift Card for your Anniversary! And a Starbucks Gift
Card every year to buy a treat for your Birthday!
- BGCH Fun Days to be celebrated with your Club/department!
- BGCH is committed to Investing in Your professional
Development! BGCH ValuesTo be a Part of BGCH culture, employees
must be able to embrace and embody the following key values:
- Kindness and Aloha,
- Integrity and Trust,
- Highest Potential,
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Growth Mindset.
- You approach obstacles and challenges with Kindness and Aloha;
this includes being patient and positive when working with
- You make decisions and choices with Integrity in everything
that you do (especially when no one is looking).
- You work towards your own and your members' Highest Potential
at work. This includes working with your supervisor and coworkers
in a collaborative and constructive way.
- A culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, is everyone's
kuleana (responsibility). In a diverse, equitable, and inclusive
culture, everyone can be themselves and experience the full
richness of the organization as no one feels the need to suppress
who they are.
- A Growth Mindset means embracing a mindset that encompasses
innovation, creativity, learning, collaboration, and being open to
new, uncomfortable ideas and opinions different than your own, if
it means doing things more efficiently or better. Your
applicationWe're excited to hear from you! Fill out the application
and upload your resume. We would love to hear how you would be a
great fit for the BGCH Team. Role: Program AssistantReports to:
Clubhouse DirectorLocation: West Kauai ClubhouseHours: Part time,
25 hours/weekPay: $15/hourEqual Employment OpportunityEqual
Employment Opportunity is at the foundation of the Boys & Girls
Club of Hawaii philosophy and policies. While there are laws
governing the treatment of applicants and employees, BGCH is fully
committed to following Equal Employment Opportunity because it is
the right thing to do.It is BGCH's policy to employ qualified
people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including
gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, national origin,
citizenship, marital status, civil union status, disability,
genetic information, sexual orientation, arrest or court record,
credit history, veteran's status, reproductive health decision,
domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status,
reproductive health decision, or any other characteristic protected
under federal or state law. This policy applies to all aspects of
employment including but not limited to, recruitment, hiring,
placement, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers,
layoffs, recalls, leaves of absence, discipline, and
Keywords: Boys & Girls Club of Hawaii, Maui , Regular Part Time Program Assistant - West Kauai C, Hospitality & Tourism , Waimea, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!