HR Business Partner II BH
Company: Air Methods
Posted on: September 19, 2022
The Human Resources Business Partner II is responsible for short-
and long-term planning and management of the Human Resources
function. Major areas of responsibility/management include, but are
not limited to, safety, recruitment, employment, wage and salary
administration, benefits, training, employee/labor relations, and
organizational development. Work closely with President in
implementing, achieving, and maintaining Blue Hawaiian Helicopters
and Blue Hawaiian Activates goals and objectives. Participate in
overall Blue Hawaiian management as a member of the company's
leadership team. This is both a strategic and "hands-on" HR
position with additional growth potential with AMC in Hawaii. This
position reports to the Director of Human Resources for Air Methods
with a dotted line to the President of Blue Hawaiian.
The classification of this position is broad and assigned specific
functional areas; duties and assignments may overlap depending on
the operational needs of the department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts
effective, thorough, and objective investigations. Respond in
courteous, professional, and rapid manner in order to resolve all
- Ensure compliance and maintain a thorough knowledge in such
areas as EEO, Fair Labor Standards, Wage and Hour, FMLA, and other
regulatory requirements. In conjunction with the Legal Department,
recommend, establish, and update employment policies and
- Direct the administration of performance appraisals in all
- Support the HR team in all aspects of recruitment
- Identify training needs and develop action plans to address
priorities. Deliver HR-related training to management and team
members as required.
- Develop, direct, and oversee overall recruitment and hiring
activities strategies for all exempt and non-exempt positions,
while remaining in compliance with Human Resources policies,
procedures as well as employment regulations.
- Serve as member of the Blue Hawaiian leadership team and work
closely with all leaders in supporting and achieving the company's
goals and objectives.
- Work with the HR Director and President of Blue Hawaiian to
develop effective internal communications (between and among
management and employees) to promote morale and achieve
- Participate in the budget process as it relates to staffing,
productivity, benefit costs, and employee/labor relations costs.
Work within approved budgetary guidelines for the
- Manage HR Administrator in order to effectively support the
business. Establish and implement annual objectives for the Human
Resources Department. Ensure alliance with AMC policy when
- Partner closely with Air Methods Directors of HR Operations,
Talent Acquisition, Comp & Ben, Organization Development, and Legal
to meet the needs of the business. Share best practices with other
Tourism and Air Medical HR Business Partners.
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
- Regular scheduled attendance
- This position is based on the island of Maui or Oahu but may
require traveling to other base locations in which Blue Hawaiian
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling - 50%
Subject to applicable laws and Blue Hawaiian policies, regular
attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees
must follow Blue Hawaiians' employment practices and policies.
Directly supervises employees in the Human Resources department.
Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, selecting, hiring, and training employees,
planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance,
rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Blue
Hawaiians will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create
an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential
functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university
and five (5) or more years' related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of Human Resources experience, with a
minimum of three (3) in a senior HR leadership position.
- Six (6) years of experience managing others.
- Results and people oriented but have sound judgment and the
ability to balance other business considerations through excellent
interpersonal, collaboration, and influential skills.
- Strong business acumen; able to speak the "language of the
- Strong investigative/analytical/decision analysis
- Ability to focus and maintain attention to performance of tasks
and to work and complete assignments on time despite frequent
stressful, emergency, critical or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to think and operate strategically while willing to
"roll up sleeves" to get things done; detail-oriented.
- An understanding of Hawaii State and Federal labor laws.
- Advanced with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook.
- UKG/Ultimate Software experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in
Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred.
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Air Methods, Maui , HR Business Partner II BH, Human Resources , Kahului, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!