Area Human Resources Coordinator
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Assist and support management and the leadership team with handling
and resolving Human Resources issues. Assist employees with
internal and external transfer requests and procedures. Monitor and
assist managers/supervisors with hiring processes and issues.
Coordinate and conduct applicant drug screens, reference checks,
background checks, motor vehicle checks, and social security number
verification. Maintain applicant flow, drug screen, orientation and
transfer request logs. Create and maintain new hire and personnel
files and enter them into Human Resources Information Systems.
Assist with orientation of new employees. Monitor all hiring and
recruitment processes for compliance with all local, state, and
federal laws and company policies and standards. Ensure accurate
maintenance of all employee records and files (e.g., interview
documents, I-9's). Support processing and maintenance of payroll
records in accordance with policies and procedures, as
Inform Human Resources management of issues related to employee
relations within the division or property. Create and maintain
filing systems. Generate Human Resources data reports as necessary
Answer phone calls and record messages. Create and type office
correspondence using computer. Serve as Human Resources subject
matter expert and participate on project teams. Train new hires on
Human Resources processes, programs, policies, information systems,
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and
personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain
confidentiality of proprietary information. Speak with others using
clear and professional language; prepare and review written
documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using
appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working
relationships with others; support team to reach common goals;
listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other
employees. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects
weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by
Specific Expected Contributions (including duties and
HR Communications and Relations
- Respond to questions, requests, and concerns from employees and
management regarding company and Human Resources programs, policies
- Inform Human Resources management of issues related to employee
relations within the company or property.
- Ensure posting all necessary legal or regulatory notices
related to Human Resources in view of all employees as required by
- Assist and support management and the leadership team with
handling and resolving Human Resources Program issues.
- Provide benefits administration support including assisting
associates with enrollment in benefits.
- Creates and orders site ID Cards.
- As the New Hire On-boarding Coordinator, conducts Orientation
and is responsible for administration, scheduling, and ensuring
compliance with deadlines for completion.
- Submits and tracks all orientation training or all other
training attendance to the Learning Administrator.
- Point of contact for Spirit to Serve events.
- Receive and distribute Service Awards/Benefit
- Post Required Legal Posters/Information.
- Point of contact for Kiosk Maintenance.
- Point of contact for Time Clock Maintenance.
- Conducts on-site research for Unemployment Hearings/Legal
- Assist management and associates with modified duties, etc. for
Workers Compensation cases.
- Responsible for new hire Drug Testing, Chain of Custody
Talent Acquisition Team Support
- Perform administrative tasks as requested in support of the
Talent Acquisition Center of Expertise on an as needed basis.
- Attend meetings and conference calls as requested.
- Ensures appropriate drug test and background checks are
- Assist management in screening resumes, providing interview
documentation and selecting new hourly hires using selection tools
- Meal break compliance tracking (CA).
- Maintain confidentiality and security of employee and property
records, files, and information.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all employee records and files
(e.g., interview documents, transfers, I-9's, reference checks,
Drug Free Workplace Policy (DFWP), applicant self-identification
forms, department orientation check list).
- Answer phone calls and record messages.
- Create and type office correspondence using computer.
- Create and maintain filing systems.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange
- Speak to employees and co-workers using clear, appropriate and
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers,
supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public
areas of the property.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including
answering the phone within three rings, answering with a smile in
one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to
appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing
the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the
caller to end the call.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs,
business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and
editing written information to ensure accuracy and
completeness.Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and
- Handle sensitive issues with employees with tact, respect,
diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working
relationships with other employees and departments.
- Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other
employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of
teamwork and achieve common goals.Physical Tasks
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less
than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.Policies and
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of employees and
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.Candidate
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent.
- One to three years of work experience; or bachelors'
- No supervisory experience is required.
- Maintaining Confidentiality
- Analytical Skills
- Computer Skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- English Language Proficiency
- Applied Reading
- Telephone Etiquette Skills
- Computer Skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Diversity Relations
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management
- Detail Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
- Personal Attributes
- Positive Demeanor
- Stress Tolerance
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Maui , Area Human Resources Coordinator, Human Resources , Lahaina, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!