Human Resources Manager
Company: Kauai Beach Resort
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Location: Kauai Beach Resort - Lihue, HI
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Coordinate, administer and report on various human resource programs, system and procedures to aid in the attraction, retention and motivation of employees in accordance with policies, procedures and government laws and regulations while promoting a safe, fair, positive work environment. The position is responsible for all recruiting, hiring and daily administration of various salary, benefit, government and employee relations programs. Recommends and implements procedural/process changes.
- Manages all recruiting, screening, interviewing, performing reference checks and coordinating department interviews for management and hourly candidates to ensure quality hires and compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations. Manage the employment process from recruitment to hiring, and related advertising and documentation.
- Manage and implement the various in-house training programs to ensure consistent administration & reduce turnover, provide open communication and promote a positive and
- pro-associate work environment.
- Advocates the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy by assisting in the counseling and/or discipline of associates as needed, through clear, calm and direct oral written communication, in accordance with the guidelines established by OLS Hotels & Resorts (OLS)/Hotel.
- To manage, direct and monitor the associate assets of the company, perpetuating an environment that is profitable, while meeting all health, safety and sanitation needs.
- Manage HRIS Profile administration. Review Payroll Action Reports (PAR) & input/update new hires, make daily changes to ensure accurate, up to date information is available for payroll and management.
- Administers payroll process including maintaining related associate/payroll records, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, checking and auditing timekeeping records for compliance with established standards, supervising compliance with time and attendance records, entering new hires into the payroll system, posting changes in pay and tax status, and miscellaneous changes such as including computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions, processing requests for paycheck advances, and processing terminations.
- Administers all associate benefit programs, act as the intermediary with insurance and 401K plan administrators, reconcile all monthly billing to in house roster, ensures monthly premiums are paid in a timely manner, coordinates and control all benefit audits including group health insurance, COBRA, vacation, sick, leave of absences, jury duty pay and others such as Health Fairs, Los Angeles Region Metro Bus Pass Program, Associate Discounted Rooms Program, discount coupons, etc.
- Coordinates and manages Workers Compensation by maintaining verbal and written communication with injured associate(s), claims administration office, doctors, and departmental supervisors regarding the status of injured associate(s). Coordinates the legal aspects of Workers' Compensation cases. Maintains accurate records of all verbal and written correspondence. Accurately prepares and maintains all Workers Compensation statistics including first reports, individual files, modified duty, and follow-up medical reports.
- Updates and disseminates information regarding Workers' Compensation as it relates to trends, regulations and the laws, ensuring full compliance. Ensures accident reports are properly investigated and reviews accident loss run reports to determine accident trends, progress and cost containment measures
- Manages Leave of Absence Program and traces all Leaves of Absence to ensure compliance with Leave of absence Policy in conjunction with Federal/State protected Leave programs such as FMLA, Pregnancy, CFRA, Kin Care, Military, etc. Traces Leaves of Absence to include monitoring return dates of associates, verifying doctor's notes, collecting insurance payments as necessary and responding to State Disability program.
- Manages Unemployment Claims and coordinates compliance between EDD/Hotel and Unemployment representative. Ensures Managers attend Unemployment Hearings.
- Assists in office administration including office equipment, supplies, maintain associate records, filing and other projects assigned to the Human Resources Department to comply with government laws and regulations and achieve Hotel goals.
- Develop advertising for Benefits & Associate Relation Events; and keep associate bulletin boards current, including, but not limited to: communicate legal requirement, associate feedback, post memos, pictures of associate events, loss prevention materials.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Notify all managers monthly of reviews due & track completed reviews to ensure they are given in a timely manner.
- Bring all sensitive associate related information to the attention of the General Manager in all instances to limit liability.
- Conduct exit interviews, track trends and complete accurate turnover reports as needed
- Position hotel as the "preferred employer" in the area by maintaining strong community relations with referral agencies to maintain strong applicant flow.
- Process HR forms and respond to written and oral inquiries regarding verification of employment, wages, unemployment compensation & worker's compensation claims, in a manner which is consistent and ensure that liability is minimized.
- Actively lead loss prevention committee efforts.
- Act as a facilitator in the Quality Assurance Committee.
- Assist in the competitive wage & benefit survey annually.
- Keep employee bulletin boards current, including, but not limited to: post memos, pictures of employee events, loss prevention materials.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Maintain checkbook accounting for H.R. related expense in employee relations, staff training, and recruitment advertising. Ensure purchase orders are completed for all purchases.
- Conduct exit interviews, track trends and complete turnover report in an accurate, timely manner
- Assist with special projects as needed.
OTHER PERSONNEL ISSUES:
- Abide by payroll policies, procedures (punch in/punch out), Meals and Rest Periods policy and OLS Rules of Conduct.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety and security procedures as required maintaining a secure and safe environment for employees as well as guests.
- Report any unusual occurrences and/or request to the General Manager.
- Read and abide by all the regulations and rules of conduct stated in the employee handbook
Keywords: Kauai Beach Resort, Maui , Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , Lihue, Hawaii
here to apply!