HPC - Technician l
Company: Hawthorne Machinery Co.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SUMMARY: Without supervision, will perform duties as
assigned by management in the repair, maintenance and/or rebuilding
of equipment in the service shop or field, in a safe, efficient and
capable manner in the least amount of labor hours necessary and
- Be capable of troubleshooting
mechanical problems in Caterpillar and allied products.
- Make warranty recommendations
and prepare reports when performing warranty service
- Attends training classes as
directed and obtains passing grades in all before progressing to
any higher level.
- Recondition or overhaul major
components to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Will be able to recommend action
to correct the failure or problem.
- Adheres strictly to all Company’s safety,
housekeeping, credit and other rules, policies and
- Maintains a favorable business relationship
with customers, suppliers and personnel from other HPC
capable of taking scheduled fluid samples.
able to diagnose System and Component failures.
able to uphold all safety & housekeeping standards.
- Handles Equipment Condition
- Pertinent information such as procedures,
policies, changes which is received from other employees, customers
or factory reps will be passed on to management personnel if deemed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND
- Must have a valid class C driver
- Three (3) years experience in the repair and
maintenance of Comm. / EPG/ Marine power generation
- Working knowledge and testing
- Basic diagnostics and troubleshooting of
- High school graduate or have passed a G.E.D.
test or can provide verification of all formal classroom study or
hands on experience related to heavy equipment repairs.
- Furnish mechanics hand tools and sufficient
test tooling to perform diagnostics on Caterpillar
- Must have excellent verbal and written
communication skills, and be able to document and record site and
equipment conditions, prepare written work procedures, and work
scope documents. Be able to prepare final reports suitable for
presentation to end user.
proficient in computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel,
Access, CAT ET and SIS, and be able to work with related computer
programs associated with system controllers and
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be
required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being
considered for employment in this position.
- Walking and moving about on foot often through
- Hands/arms operating equipment, hand and power
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous
equipment parts and tools.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by
bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if
required for certain repair or maintenance work.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service
books and operate heavy equipment.
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone and in
- Hearing: Hears well enough to discern
mechanical problems for safety in and around shop and construction
sites and to receive communication by radio, phone and in
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and
Lies in prone position under vehicles and equipment.
Keywords: Hawthorne Machinery Co., Maui , HPC - Technician l, Other , Lihue, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!