Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under direct or indirect supervision of supervisor, contributes to
patient care by performing clerical and non-professional tasks
directly and indirectly related to patient care and unit
functioning. Is responsible and accountable for tasks
- Answers phone(s) on Unit and manages calls appropriately. Takes
phone reports from Lab, Diagnostic Imaging, and other Departments
accurately, and delivers to proper nurse. Calls and schedules
clinic appointments for patients who need help, when directed by
RN/LPN. Refers all calls from physicians to appropriate nursing
- Uses systems to assist with the processing of orders. Verifies
ADT information. Uses manual system when computer is down.
- Answers PTS and keeps station ready and available. Retrieves
meds and supplies and delivers to proper place/person. Reports
maintenance problems immediately.
- Uses systems to support nursing and unit staff. Uses manual
system when computer is down.
- Maintains inventory of Unit supplies. Orders non-stock items as
directed. Orders stock items to maintain par level.
Transport/arranges for transport of supplies and equipment between
Units or Departments as needed.
- Supports unit during computer downtime. Obtains downtime kit as
- Xeroxes and processes charts and other documents as directed by
Supervisor or RN.
- Communicates ADT information to Admitting Department and Shift
- Answers nurse call console and refers patient calls to
appropriate person. Picks-up blood/blood products from Lab as
directed by RN. Picks-up non-controlled medications from Pharmacy.
Picks-up supplies/equipment from other Departments.
- Calls acuity forecast to Staffing Office by designated times.
Tallies and completes daily Acuity Sheets. Calls updated acuity.
Completes additional tasks on individual Units per
standards/procedures or Supervisor instructions.
- Uses systems to assist physicians. During computer downtime,
transcribes physicians orders to appropriate medical record and
other forms accurately. Completes request forms/orders entry for
diagnostic tests, consultations, referrals. Schedules special tests
with in-house and outside agencies and documents appointment. Makes
arrangements for patient transport to outside agencies and
- Functions with awareness of and applies safety
principles/standards as defined by Hospital, including,
environmental and employee issues. Reports incidents, work related
injuries, unsafe equipment or environment to supervisor or other
- Transmits messages and other pertinent information to
appropriate staff members. Picks up, sorts, and delivers Unit and
- Completes required in-services annually. Participates in
orientation of new clerical staff.
- Post high school coursework in Medical Terminology or
equivalent related experience.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the
Professional Rescuer certification required upon hire.
- Type 30 wpm.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in conflict resolution,
decision making, customer service, influence, interpersonal
relations, oral communication, problem solving, teamwork, written
communication, organizational skills, time management, and
- Experience in transcribing physician's orders, computer skills,
setting up and maintaining file systems.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Maui , Ward Clerk, Other , Kula, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!