Company: Rider Levett Bucknall UK Ltd
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Overview of Role
The Cost Estimator (Project Engineer) is responsible for all
independent construction cost control functions for review of the
construction projects change orders including complete estimates,
value analysis, schedule of values, comparisons, assisting with
feasibility studies, and historical cost reports. This individual
is capable of performing cost control functions on multiple
projects of varying complexity simultaneously. The Cost Estimator
should have the ability to identify opportunities within a project
that will add value and help successfully accomplish the client's
desired project outcome.
- Preparation of construction related cost estimates, cost plans,
and cost strategies
- Change order reviews and valuations of work in progress and bid
- Preparation of studies and plans on value engineering, life
cycle costing, and sustainable practices
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals,
blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying
proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying
numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other duties as
- Contributes to team performance by collaboration and effective
- Contributes to and understands the clients desired project
outcomes, identifies opportunities to add value to accomplish
the desired outcomes.
- Adds to team effort by accomplishing other duties as
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive
approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer
service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Quantity
Surveying or related field is required
- Recent experience and specialty in electrical and mechanical
- Cost control in the commercial/institutional/Industrial sector
concentrating on vertical construction
- Experience with conceptual and detailed measurement /
- Experience in CMGC / GCCM process
- Experience with estimating software systems, onscreen takeoff
software and BIM
- Professional certifications preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a
computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May
require the use of a ladder on occasion.
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and
will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based
on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other
basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and
promotion practices are performed without regard to the above
Keywords: Rider Levett Bucknall UK Ltd, Maui , Project Engineer, Other , waikoloa, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!