Complex Director of Finance
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
The primary role of the Complex Director of Finance is to
support our property teams in financial activities, safeguarding of
the assets, preparation all financial reports for a diverse
portfolio of hotels and condo hotels. The role will be focused on
partnering and collaborating with the operations teams to
contribute ideas that strategically guide their assigned portfolio,
while providing accurate and timely financial information to run
Additional responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the financial statements of the assigned
properties to ensure all month-end reports are completed, ensuring
journal entries and accruals are reviewed and performed accurately
and timely. Performing preliminary P&L reviews and facilitating
with the property leadership team, incorporating any required
- Ultimately this role is responsible for the monthly financial
statements outlining the hotel's financial position in areas of
assets, liabilities income, expense and cash flows in accordance
with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles GAAP and following
guidelines from the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging
Industry, current edition. Including identifying variances, making
recommendations for improvements as appropriate and sharing with
property level and Team Headquarters finance and operations
- Work closely with the assigned Accenture team, to ensure
accuracy and timeliness of financial statements, journal entries
and balance sheet reconciliations, including supporting
- Analyze and interpret financial results to assist and advise
the property team and the Team Headquarters management team.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual budget and
monthly forecasts; working collaboratively with the operations team
to review projections and using analytics to predict future
- Review A/R aging monthly, follow up with the Accenture
collections team on any accounts as necessary and any specific
reserve items that should be taken.
- Work/coach department heads on property to ensure checkbooks
are in place for expenditures, and team is utilizing financial
tools (Drillbit) to understand their departmental P&Ls and
making sound business decisions.
- Provides fiscal management leadership to the assigned
properties, identifying cost savings, or other efficiencies to
drive financial returns to the owners or Aqua-Aston.
- Leverages strong functional leadership and communication skills
to influence the executive team, department managers and ownership,
including preparation and presentation of analysis.
- Ensures adequate internal control to safeguard the assets of
the hotel, including treasury controls around cash management,
including weekly review and release of cash for invoice payment
processing by the established timeframe.
- Plans and implements accounting procedures and systems.
- Manages and communicates with ownership in a clear and concise
manner, including attending periodic ownership meetings, as
- Thorough understanding and familiarity with contracts impacting
the property, including but not limited to IARAs, management
agreements, franchise agreements, leases, etc.
- Assist with learning and development opportunities in Finance
and Accounting for property teams.
- Ensure timely payment & filing of all federal, state & local
sales taxes & fees, and vendor invoices
- Completes due diligence, property transitions and special
assignments as requested.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Maui , Complex Director of Finance, Other , Lahaina, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!