Remote Conventional Mortgage Underwriter
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Join our team as a Senior Mortgage Underwriter. If you have
experience in Retail or Correspondent Front Line Mortgage
Underwriting come build a fulfilling career with Sutherland.
Industry Competitive Compensation : Competitive salaries, a
$10,000 sign-on bonus, and paid health benefits.
Longstanding Experience : With over 30 years of experience,
we have built relationships with some of the world's most
recognized companies by providing end to end mortgage services
Tenured and Supportive Executives : With 20 years average
tenure, our leadership team has held executive roles in top
organizations in the mortgage industry.
Work for Industry Leaders : We have partnered with some of
the industry's leading mortgage lenders, including top 10
originators, regional banks, and financial services companies.
Work-life Balance : Enjoy the flexibility of working full
time from home with scheduling options, and opportunities for
Growth Opportunities and Stability : We encourage career
development and offer growth opportunities from within. We are
constantly acquiring new programs that offer you new challenges and
opportunities to learn and the flexibility of shifting to other
Supportive Teams: We are a collaborative, considerate and
friendly team that prioritizes having a diverse, inclusive, and
Our Underwriters are responsible for approval/decline decisions on
incoming applications consistent with internal, client and investor
- Apply internal guidelines and investor guidelines to the credit
- Prioritize deals in Workflow queue in order to minimize
- Analyze employment profile, credit strength, property
characteristics, and all other information pertinent to the credit
decision on each mortgage application.
- Select required conditions on each deal to be satisfied prior
to funding and input information into the system.
- Verify accuracy of supporting employment, down payment,
appraisal, and financial documentation received.
- Review documentation for compliance with internal and
- Correspond with processors to get outstanding documentation
needed to complete requirements per the commitment.
- 3+ years of prior Mortgage Underwriting experience
- Experience underwriting complex loans involving multiple income
- Strong verbal and written communication and analytical
Demonstrated ability to resolve complicated issues as they
- Proven organizational skills and demonstrated ability to
prioritize and multi-task
- Prior AUS experience required
- Prior experience with FNMA/FHLMC guidelines
- Portfolio/Private Investor experience would be a plus.
Keywords: Sutherland, Maui , Remote Conventional Mortgage Underwriter, Other , Lahaina, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!