Director of Safety & Security
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Relocation Available - Yes
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years' experience in the
security/loss prevention or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice
or related major; 2 years' experience in the security/loss
prevention or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Loss Prevention Operations
- Assists in the development and implementation of emergency
- Conducts investigation of all losses of property assets and
refers to proper management for disposition.
- Deploys Loss Prevention staff to effectively monitor and
protect property assets.
- Comply with all Corporate Loss Prevention safety and security
management guidelines and procedures.
- Conduct periodic patrols of entire property and parking
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances
and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Identifies and makes recommendations for minimizing physical
hazards and unsafe work practices.
- Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
- Maintains required reports and documentation regarding patrols
of property and parking areas.
- Provides means for obtaining necessary medical attention on a
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best
solution and solve problems.
- Develops and maintains a working relationship with local law
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers, and the
subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and
subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in
Leading Loss Prevention Teams
- Attends all staff/departmental meetings to gather critical
information to communicate to Loss Prevention officers.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions
of team members.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing
procedure codes, ensuring associate understanding of safety codes,
monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation
among team members.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching,
mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including
setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional
support, or other personal care to others.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate
- Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and
reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address
associate problems or concerns.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead,
influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business
decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent
customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Meet quality standards and customer expectations on a daily
- Incorporates guest safety and satisfaction as a component of
departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Participates in interviewing and hiring of team members with
the appropriate skills.
- Uses all available on the job training tools to train new
associates and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job
descriptions for each position.
- Conducts a departmental orientation program for associates to
receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform
- Ensures associates understand Company, Resort and Departmental
expectations and parameters.
- Ensures associates are cross-trained to support successful
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships
with associates and ensures associates do the same with them.
- Schedules associates to business demands and tracks associate
time and attendance.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and
consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are
completed according to policy.
- Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback
- Ensures associate recognition is taking place on all
- Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy,
and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address
associate problems or concerns.
- Participates in associate progressive discipline
- Reviews associate satisfaction results.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Maui , Director of Safety & Security, Other , Princeville, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!