General Maintenance Worker I
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Under indirect supervision, performs variety of fabrication,
maintenance, repair and installation duties; ensures adequate and
suitable operation of equipment, machinery, tools and/or
construction; assists in training.
- Constructs, fabricates, installs, maintains or repairs
non-contracted equipment, tools, buildings, machinery, or other
facilities of organization; ensures proper and satisfactory
operation and use; utilizes various skills (e.g. plumbing,
mechanical pipefitting, welding, painting, electrical, sheet metal
- Maintains necessary reports, data, and information pertaining
to work performed, maintenance, repair or preventive maintenance
- Collaborates with assigned subordinates on various
- Assists in training of other general maintenance workers and
staff in repair, inspection, testing, maintenance and operations of
equipment to improve performance and skill.
- Follows established departmental safety guidelines/standards,
including use of safety equipment (e.g. head, shoe and body cover,
gloves, shield, respirator and proper tools); changes ethylene
oxide tanks and other medical gases; performs gas leakage testing
at each tank change and periodically thereafter.
- Minimum two (2) years general maintenance or related
- Post high school coursework at trade school or comparable work
License, Certification, Registration
- Driver's License (Hawaii)
- Advanced training in one or more trade disciplines (e.g. air
conditioning/refrigeration, electrical and/or plumbing).
- Demonstrated skill in one trade craft.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, customer
service, oral communication, problem solving, teamwork, and written
- Associates degree in technical field.
Primary Location: Hawaii,Kula,Kula Hosp. - Maint. Shop Scheduled
Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Variable Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri,
Sat, Sun, Working Hours Start: 12:01 AM Working Hours End: 11:59 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: S02|AFSCME|UPW-Local 646 Job
Level: Individual Contributor Department: KULA HOSPITAL -
Prop/Fac-Facility Maintenance - 3601 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente
is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and
inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and
state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but
not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Maui , General Maintenance Worker I, Other , Kula, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!