Company: Hawaiian Telcom
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Extends telephone service to residential and business customers.
Installs station equipment and associated lines. Locates trouble,
repairs or replaces lines. Instructs customers in use of equipment.
Performs other related, marginal duties as required.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Installs service to customers' homes or business firms.
Discusses telephone service needs with customers and makes
recommendations as appropriate. Instructs customer on the use of
telephones and other equipment.
- Operates company vehicle to travel to daily work sites.
- Installs, rearranges, reconnects, disconnects and removes
station, coin station, and associated equipment.
- Sets up, reads and interprets test equipment, measuring
devices, and meters. Analyzes and clears trouble in telephone
equipment and lines.
- Performs preventive maintenance work associated with station
and coin apparatus.
- Installs lines for data and other forms of communications, e.g.
2 wire/4 wire, TTY, data circuits, alarm circuits.
- Inventories and reorders supplies, materials or equipment as
needed. Replaces missing or damaged telephone directories.
- Records work assignment data on records and orders.
- May initiate sales transactions through in-person or telephone
solicitations. Makes recommendations to customers on additional
telephone service as needed.
- May be responsible for making coin collections at pay stations
and for transporting/unloading full coin receptacles.
- Indoor-outdoor work. Exposed to adverse weather conditions,
confined work areas, dust, noise, dirt, irate customers, etc.
- Weekday, weekend and holiday work tours including day, evening
and night hours.
- Scheduled work tours may be weekday, weekend and holiday,
including day, evening and night hours.
- Subject to occasional scheduled and/or unscheduled overtime
work and callouts.
Aloha! Welcome to Hawaiian Telcom's listing of current job
openings. Hawaiian Telcom, the premier telecommunications company
headquartered in Honolulu, offers Hawaii's consumers and businesses
a spectrum of telecommunication solutions, taking full advantage of
proven and emerging technologies. We are focused on building and
maintaining a diverse team of employees who are committed to
delivering an outstanding customer experience.
We call the communities we serve home and giving back to these
communities is an important part of our culture.
Hawaiian Telcom offers an amazing Mlama Hours Program, Employee
Resource Groups, and organized corporate community service events
that further strengthen our community relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, protected veteran, military status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Due to U.S. Government requirements applicable to foreign-owned
telecommunications providers, non-US citizens will be required to
submit to an extensive government agency background check which
will necessitate disclosure of sensitive Personally Identifiable
Keywords: Hawaiian Telcom, Maui , Station Technician, Other , Kahului, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!