Branch Clerk (Temporary)
Company: Hawthorne Machinery
Location: Kailua Kona
Posted on: May 8, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Branch
Manager this position performs a variety of clerical duties. The
incumbent will be responsible for scanning all accounts payable
invoices, answering all telephone calls and other clerical
- Answer phones for service, parts, and rentals when these
departments are busy and relays information to appropriate
- Scans accounts payable invoices and inputs the proper codes and
scans all parts delivery documents.
- Performs cashier duties for the branch.
- Makes travel reservations for the branch.
- Makes daily deposits and cash collection reports for
accounting. Balances cash box daily and maintains the proper cash
balance. Daily summarizes charge sales and prepares a cash sheet.
Maintains petty cash box and replenishes when needed.
- Opens and closes work orders for repair jobs inputting
necessary detailed data into computer. Files jobs in a numerical
file; prepares job jackets and timecards. Files documents in
appropriate job jacket and prior to closing job, checks for errors.
Inputs and approves time for Technicians.
- Assists in maintaining and updating service-related programs,
such as MDS, EMT and Service Scheduler.
- Manages vehicle fleet information for branch (safety,
- Orders supplies needed for repair jobs and shop use; will issue
purchase orders to vendors involved and enters purchase orders and
cost to job.
- Works with the rental department to transfer calls to the
appropriate person and when customers need to sign documents and
pick up equipment when their representative is on the road or not
- Does the mail daily and distributes to the proper person or
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a valid Hawaii Drivers License.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral
examination before being considered for employment in this
- Walking and moving about on foot often up and down stairs.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous paperwork.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees
- Standing: Remains in standing position If required to perform
various functions of the job.
- Vision: Read paperwork, employment files and records on the
- Talking: Communications by phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits at desk. Sits for long periods of time.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent
- Temp/Weather: Works in a service shop environment.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions
of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne CAT is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Keywords: Hawthorne Machinery, Maui , Branch Clerk (Temporary), Other , Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!