Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Position SummaryThe IRM Coordinator is responsible for supporting
the Inventory & Revenue Management team to optimize inventory
across all segments and maximize revenue for the company as well as
implementing inventory allocation strategies and other tasks within
the reservation system environment. Primary responsibilities
include systems support to maintain accuracy across proprietary
software, preparation of reports used by Revenue Managers for
strategic decision making, reservation support for static wholesale
and business customers, and communication with Resort Operations
resolve issues related to inventory and Revenue for Customers and
Owners. - Success in this position is accomplished through an
understanding of business operations, existing training programs
and MVW and Marriott protocols.Follow all company and safety and
security policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal
appearances are clean and professional. Maintain confidentiality of
proprietary information and protect company assets. Report
accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Welcome
and acknowledge all guests according to company standards,
anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals
with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer
telephones using appropriate etiquette. Prepare and review written
documents accurately and completely; read and visually verify
information in a variety of formats. Comply with quality assurance
expectations and standards. Develop and maintain positive working
relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and
listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of employees.
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than
or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable
job duties as requested by Supervisors. - - CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Inventory & Revenue Management Support
- Acquire and maintain the appropriate level of knowledge and
expertise for all Inventory & Revenue Management systems and
- Ensure all queues required to maintain the balance of inventory
between different inventory management software systems are
processed daily. - Maintain the balance of inventory availability
across different inventory management software systems including
but not limited to MARSHA, PMS, Lightspeed,
- Assist Revenue Managers in identifying broken Owner and Preview
inventory within software systems. - When requested, correct issues
in the software systems.
- Collaborate with Resort Operations to ensure that inventory and
reservation related data remains consistently in balance within
- Support Revenue Managers by regularly providing required
reports including but not limited to Weekly Forecasts, Pace, Rental
Snapshot, Competitive information, etc.
- On an ongoing basis, identify trends, future needs and
obstacles to achieving business goals. - Surface visible solutions
and implement as needed.
- Upon request, participate in training new Resort Inventory &
Revenue Coordinators. Provide job shadowing opportunities to
internal stakeholders who are interested in learning more about
Inventory & Revenue Management.
- Complete all activities associated with booking wholesale
and/or group lists including allocation of inventory into
applicable mini-hotels, entering guest lists and providing the
front office with any applicable information to ensure a seamless
check-in and check-out process. Policies and Procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and
- Protect the privacy and security of customers and
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Research questions and problems; refer complex issues to
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in
accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with co-workers,
supervisors, or managers using proper discretion.
- Ensure regular ongoing communication within all areas of
responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and
communicate expectations, recognize performance and produce desired
- Compose routine correspondence and reports, such as e-mail,
- Effectively communicate Inventory & Revenue Management
philosophies as they pertain to recommended strategies to property
staff and other department stakeholders. Working with Others
- Treat all employees and customers with dignity and
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working
relationships with other employees and departments, promoting an
environment of teamwork.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact,
respect, diplomacy and confidentiality. - - - - - -
- Represent IRM cross-functionally with Resort Operations teams
and other business partners as necessary.
- Participate in community service events sponsored by Marriott
Vacations Worldwide to build teamwork and enhance community
relationships such as Children's Miracle Network
- Use computer systems and software packages to input, access,
modify, store, or output information. -
- Enter and retrieve data from computer systems using a keyboard,
mouse or trackball. -
- Utilize and create documents in excel, word, outlook and other
- Perform tasks using the applicable Inventory & Revenue
Management software. Office Equipment
- Transmit information or documents using mail, scanner, or
- Operate standard office equipment other than computers such as
telephone, scanner, fax, photocopier, calculator, and electronic
- Keep office equipment in working order and contact service
representatives to correct problems with office equipment,
including following-up to ensure problem is corrected.
- Maintain office areas (e.g., cubicles, storerooms, conference
rooms, etc.), including calling housekeeping and maintenance when
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers
and/or other methods.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less
than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Quality Assurance
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. - - -
- - - - Specific Candidate Profile Education:
- College Degree preferred.
- High school diploma / G.E.D. equivalent minimum Experience:
- Minimum one-year related work experience is required. Work
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings,
weekends, and holidays. Skills/Attributes Personal Attributes
- Positive Demeanor
- Stress Tolerance
- Adaptability/FlexibilityInterpersonal Skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Diversity RelationsCommunications
- Telephone Etiquette Skills
- English Language Proficiency
- Applied ReadingOrganization
- Detail Orientation
- Time Management
- Planning and Organizing
- Analytical Skills
- Computer Skills
- General Administration
- FilingComputer Software
- Moderate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Revenue Management systems preferred Marriott Vacations
Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Maui , IRM Coordinator, Other , Lahaina, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!