CDL A Local Delivery Truck Driver $10,000 Sign-O
Posted on: June 25, 2022
US0424 Sysco Hawaii
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
This is a delivery position responsible for driving a
tractor-trailer to deliver and unload various products for Sysco
customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills
and working under state and Department of Transportation (DOT)
regulations and Sysco safety preferred work methods. Overtime
hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early
morning start times are required to successfully meet customers'
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time
windows. Immediately inform the management team of any
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using a hand cart, and
place in designated customer storage areas. May include
transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds,
up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72" to stack and unstack
pallets and hand cart.
- Constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading products,
and retrieving items from trailer.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper
signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies
on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required.
- Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and
complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities following the
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco policies
- Perform coupling procedures for the tractor/trailer as
- Complete DOT logs (electronic or manual as required), company
vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company
representative as required.
- Follow SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times, and
immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assist
with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including
but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, and personal
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 2 years local food or beverage delivery experience
- Pallet breakdown and hand cart delivery experience
- Must be 21+ years of age.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with a "clean"
driving record (including no single DUI in the last 3 years and no
multiple DUIs within the last 10 years).
- 1-year commercial driving experience.
- Submit to pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background
Check, Physical Abilities Test).
- For internal associates, or if market conditions warrant, Sysco
may opt to require completion of Sysco's Entry-Level Driver
Training Program within first 12 weeks of Driver employment, in
place of 1 year CMV experience.
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory
control techniques and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to
routing, safety, and customer relations.
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to
the job and the safety regulations.
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply,
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the
duties must successfully demonstrate the following
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.Required
Keywords: Sysco, Maui , CDL A Local Delivery Truck Driver $10,000 Sign-O, Other , Pahoa, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!