Guest Service Representative
Company: Sonesta International Hotels
Posted on: September 23, 2022
- Must be able workin a fast-pacedenvironment.
- Guest-facing position standing behind desk.Physical Demands
- Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.Expected Hours of Work
- Must be flexible to work variable days of the week to include
weekends and holidays.
- Must be flexible to work variable shifts (days, nights,
- Ten to twelve hour shifts sometimes required.Education and
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of previous hotel experience preferred.Principle
duties and responsibilities (Essential Functions) include:
- Greet guests warmly and professionally.
- Register guests, verify registration, issue room keys and
provide information on hotel services and room location.
- Manage the operations of the front desk, ensuring minimal time
is required for check in and checkout.
- Accept payments, post miscellaneous charges and ensure prompt
delivery of final bills to guests.
- Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
- Maintain the security of cash, credit card transactions, and
- Maintain knowledge of hotel policies including room rates,
discounts, special offerings, and community events.
- Maintain knowledge of upcoming events, local area, and hotel
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or
groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel;
process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize revenue.
- Direct guests to appropriate hotel staff for assistance with
questions and special requests regarding food, laundry, concierge
services, or housekeeping.
- Treat requests with professionalism, tact, and a courteous
- Perform other duties as requested by management.Qualifications
- Professional verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, including
dealing with difficult guests.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Opera systems
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping
ensure the health and financial security of employees and their
families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees
including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings
Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company
Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts,
Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life
Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws,
rules, or regulations.
Keywords: Sonesta International Hotels, Maui , Guest Service Representative, Other , Lihue, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!