Security Officer (FULLTIME)
Company: Royal Lahaina Resort
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The Safety and Security Officer is responsible for providing
protection and communication with hotel guests and employees.
He/she is also responsible for patrolling hotel premises to
maintain security, detect and report fire, security and safety
hazards and/or violations of Highgate Hotel's rules and
- Use proper radio etiquette at all times.
- Maintain visual contact with the Front Desk/Night Auditor and the
front door of the hotel by remaining in the Lobby area when not on
- Maintain and review daily activity log.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to guest and employee
- Hold briefing with Guest Services staff both at the beginning and
end of shift.
- Check ID of visitors/employees as necessary.
- Access secured areas for authorized personnel.
- Maintain an awareness of legal limitation of position (local,
state and/or federal ordinances).
- Assist guests to their rooms or assist guest's w/entry into their
rooms according to hotel standards.
- Assist during medical emergencies.
- Respond to emergency situations, including medical, security,
guest complaints, etc.
- Investigate assault complaints.
- Assist outside agencies, as necessary, to maintain effective
- Respond to altercations, and investigate.
- Have knowledge of hotel and guestroom locking systems.
- Monitor TV cameras, if applicable.
- Administer First Aid/CPR as necessary.
- Challenge suspicious persons.
- Check safety hazards.
- Administer Heimlich Maneuver and or First Aid/CPR as
- Complete Incident/Accident reports in a clear and concise
- Monitor employees as they enter and exit the building.
- Conduct investigations relative to property losses, guest and
employee accidents, and illnesses and crimes against the hotel.
- Document all deliveries.
- Patrol area to insure that areas are secure and free of
unauthorized persons and disturbances.
- Provide escorts to persons carrying money, or other requests.
- Issue and inventory pagers, radio equipment and keys on a daily
bases, if applicable.
Keywords: Royal Lahaina Resort, Maui , Security Officer (FULLTIME), Other , Lahaina, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!