Public Area Attendant
Company: AZUL HOSPITALITY MASTER
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Koloa Landing Autograph Collection - Koloa, HI
Hospitality - Hotel
Ensure all public areas are clean and maintained according to the
standards of the hotel.
- Perform general cleaning duties in public areas, storage areas
and administrative areas.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobby, lounges, restrooms, corridors,
elevators, stairways, and fitness center.
- Perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to,
dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures, vacuuming, mopping,
sweeping, shampooing carpets, washing windows, emptying carts of
soiled linens, cleaning/waxing floors, removing and disposing of
trash, insects and debris and emptying ashtrays
- Perform deep cleaning tasks and special projects such as power
washing sidewalks, blowing leaves, picking up trash and debris
around the property, removing bubble gum from sidewalks, etc.
- Clean public restrooms and ensure maintenance throughout the
- Supply own cleaning cart with appropriate supplies for
- Dust furniture and fixtures.
- Polish metalwork and furniture.
- Vacuum floors.
- Remove and dispose of trash.
- Clean outside areas including porte cochere and other arrival
- Ensure staff member break areas and administrative offices are
clean and well maintained.
- Ensure work areas are clean when finished.
- Be knowledgeable about the hotel and answer to guests inquiries
- Assist in delivering guest requests and in cleaning guest
rooms, as needed
- All other duties assigned by managers and supervisors.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this
position may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the
particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist with any guest inquiry.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and
- Report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by direct and
- Environmental conditions are inside, a job is considered inside
if staff spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time
inside. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to
four (4) hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between
functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and
to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. as needed.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up
to 250 lbs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, and hearing
ability and visual acuity.
- Hearing, smelling, tasting, and visual ability to observe and
distinguish product quality and detect signs of emergency
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with other staff, guests, and supervisors.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near and color vision and depth
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and
carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of
knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary
language used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and
- Must have excellent customer relations skills.
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve
- Self-driven and able to work independently.
- Exceptionally strong in issue resolution and proven analytical
skills with a strong attention to detail.
High school or equivalent education required.
- Prior hotel experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed
appearance per Azul Hospitality standards. Refer to the property
specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be
established by Azul Hospitality, from time to time, is essential to
the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular
attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up
to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all
staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hospitality rules and
regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels
facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations
will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including
termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the
hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying
schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition,
attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is
required. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive
list of all job functions that a staff member in this position may
be asked to perform from time to time.
Keywords: AZUL HOSPITALITY MASTER, Maui , Public Area Attendant, Other , Koloa, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!