Outpatient Coder Specialist
Posted on: January 18, 2023
, Emergency Departments, and other select OP records. This
responsibility requires appropriate code assignment for
physician-documented patient diagnoses, conditions and procedures;
utilizing various coding classification schemes including ICD- 10CM
(may include PCS), and HCPCS/CPT.All work will be carried out in
accordance with the: International Classification of Diseases -
Official Coding Guidelines for coding and reporting as established
by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the
National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS); American Medical
Association (CPT) -National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI), and
Kaiser Permanente organizational/institutional coding directives.
Ability to communicate with physicians in order to obtain
clarification for diagnoses/procedures. Ability to understand the
clinical content of the health record and abstract the data in the
patient health information record data as well as perform other
duties as assigned.Essential Responsibilities:
- Upholds and maintains Maui Health Systems Policies and
Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and all applicable
state, federal and local laws. Reviews patient health information
record to: identify and assign appropriate codes for diagnoses,
procedures, and other services rendered. Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum one (1) year of Certified Coding experience.
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Post high school coursework in medical records administration,
anatomy, physiology and medical terminology. License,
- Coding Specialist Certificate OR Registered Health Information
Administrator Certificate OR Registered Health Information
Technician Certificate OR Professional Coder Certificate Additional
- Demonstrated competence with personal computers, networks, and
- Experience with International Classification of Diseases
(ICD-10), Current Procedure Terminology (CPT4), and Healthcare
Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) coding system, and other
related documentation requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to understand clinical content of a health
record. Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum three (3) consecutive years of experience as a
Certified Hospital Coder.
- Previous experience of coding in a hospital license space.
- Successful completion of Certified Coding Specialist Program
through American Health Information Management Association
(AHIMA).Job Schedule: Job Category: Health Information
Keywords: Kaiser, Maui , Outpatient Coder Specialist, Other , Kula, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!