Company: Hawaiian Telcom
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Responsible for assembling, constructing, installing, repairing,
and maintaining outside plant facilities and equipment. Performs
other related, marginal duties as required.
1. Essential Duties/Functions:
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
* Assembles, constructs, installs, repairs, or maintains outside
plant facilities and equipment.
* Drives company's vehicle to work site. Determines field
conditions along proposed facility.
* Loads, unloads, and transports materials and equipment.
* Gathers appropriate materials/supplies to complete the employee's
* Provides input to supervisor on the time required to complete job
* Initiates corrective action upon recognition of equipment and/or
2. Employee Qualifications:
* Tests - Results obtained in standard tests for this position must
meet minimum requirements established by the testing program.
* Physical Demands:
* Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
* Ability to lift and carry standard extension ladder, tools, and
manhole and pullbox covers.
* Ability to climb poles and ladders.
* Ability to work in confined areas for long periods of time.
* Mental Demands:
* Requires alertness and attention to detail.
* Must possess a valid CDL Class A State of Hawaii driver's license
within the first 4 months on the job. Able to meet medical and
driver certification requirements as established by the DOT Federal
Highway Safety Act. Not restricted to daylight hours.
3. Working Conditions:
* Outdoor work. Subject to adverse weather conditions, dirt, dust,
noise, fumes, rough terrain, traffic, heat, working in confined
spaces, manholes, etc.
* Daytime tour of duty; occasional scheduled night and weekend
* Subject to overtime and callout.
Aloha! Welcome to Hawaiian Telcom's listing of current job
openings. Hawaiian Telcom, the premier telecommunications company
headquartered in Honolulu, offers Hawaii's consumers and businesses
a spectrum of telecommunication solutions, taking full advantage of
proven and emerging technologies. We are focused on building and
maintaining a diverse team of employees who are committed to
delivering an outstanding customer experience.
We call the communities we serve home and giving back to these
communities is an important part of our culture.
Hawaiian Telcom offers an amazing M--lama Hours Program, Employee
Resource Groups, and organized corporate community service events
that further strengthen our community relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected
veteran, military status or any other characteristic protected by
Due to U.S. Government requirements applicable to foreign-owned
telecommunications providers, non-US citizens will be required to
submit to an extensive government agency background check which
will necessitate disclosure of sensitive Personally Identifiable
Keywords: Hawaiian Telcom, Maui , Line Worker, Other , Kahului, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!