Company: Hawthorne Machinery
Posted on: June 21, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general direction of a Supervisor, this
candidate primarily performs helper duties for skilled employees in
the service department. They may at times, perform unskilled or
semiskilled duties. During this period, they shall attend all
- Cleans parts with various pieces of cleaning equipment supplied
- Keeps work areas clean and orderly
- Assist skilled employees as directed by a supervisor in the
removal and installation of components.
- Assists in ordering parts.
- Attend training classes as directed and obtains passing grades
in all by the end of the six (6) month training period.
- Safety and housekeeping.
- Must own and be able to use a basic set of hand tools suitable
for the use in the repair of heavy duty equipment.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must have six (6) months to one (1) year's experience in
performing servicing, preventative maintenance, vehicle and
equipment inspection work including mechanical repairs on
automotive or diesel equipment vehicles.
- PC skills required.
- Must have a valid Hawaii "Class 3" Drivers License with a good
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written
and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in
- Walking and moving about on foot often up and down stairs and
through uneven terrain.
- Hands/arms operating equipment, hand and power tools.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required for certain
repair or maintenance work.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service books and operate
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone and in person.
- Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for
safety in and around
- shop and construction sites and to receive communication by
radio, phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and vehicles.
- Laying: Lies in prone position under vehicles and
- Lifting: Up to 60 lbs. daily, frequent exertion.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent
- Temperatures/Weather: Works in & outdoors with variations of
temperature and weather.
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions
of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat Participates in E-Verify. Associated topics:
automotive, breakdown, calibrate, customer service, diagnose,
equipment, mechanical, service technician, troubleshoot,
Keywords: Hawthorne Machinery, Maui , Technician Assistant, Professions , Koloa, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!