Manufacturing Maintenance Technician
Company: Hawthorne Machinery
Posted on: June 21, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: Without supervision, will perform duties as
assigned by management in the repair, maintenance and/or rebuilding
of equipment in the service shop or field, in a safe, efficient,
and capable manner in the least amount of labor hours possible and
- This employee shall have at least ten (10) years' experience in
the repair and maintenance of Caterpillar equipment and will have
gained all the experience as outline in HPC training classes.
- This position requires work to be completed within 95% or less
of a Flat Rate time that are established as targets.
- Besides performing mechanical repairs as directed, this
position will entail duties that may call for involvement in
training personnel and traveling to all parts of HPC territory to
assist less skilled technicians in solving problem jobs.
- Must be proficient in the use of test and diagnostic tools and
make adjustments to machines and components. Be capable of
troubleshooting mechanical problems in CAT and Allied
- Make warranty recommendations and prepare reports when
performing warranty service jobs, resulting in 100% Warranty claims
are accepted by the manufacturers.
- Work is accomplished to preventative maintenance quality
standards within the time allowed.
- Attend all required training classes as directed and obtain
passing grades in all
- Recondition or overhaul major components to manufacturers
specification and is capable to assemble, adjust, test and have
equipment perform to specifications.
- Can perform the minimum number of tests necessary to identify
the cause of the problem and recommend action to correct the
failure or problem.
- Maintains a favorable business relationship with customers,
suppliers, and personnel from other HPC functions.
- Understands fluid sampling, Including hydraulic, oil, cooling,
and fuel systems.
- Can use all diagnostic tools and correctly diagnose electrical
systems, engine component, hydraulic systems, powertrain systems,
within thirty (30) minutes.
- Reports all unsafe and equipment deficiencies (other than those
in the job assignment) to the supervisor immediately.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have 10 years' experience in the repair and maintenance of
CAT equipment and will have gained all the experience as outline in
HPC training classes.
- PC skills required.
- Must have a valid Class C License.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written
and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in
- Walking and moving about on foot often up and down stairs.
- Handling: Seizes, helps, or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous parts and
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees
- Standing: Remains in standing position, if required to perform
various functions of the job.
- Vision: Read paperwork, files, and records on the
- Talking: Communications by phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits at desk.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent
- Temp/Weather: Works in an outside environment.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions
of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne CAT is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. M/F/V/D Associated topics: breakdown, customer service,
equipment, field service, field service technician, machine
maintenance, maintenance, malfunction, service technician,
Keywords: Hawthorne Machinery, Maui , Manufacturing Maintenance Technician, Professions , Kapaa, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!