Company: Hawthorne Machinery
Posted on: June 21, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: As a Field Service Technician, you are
responsible for providing high quality repairs on Caterpillar and
allied equipment in the field and shop. You will need to diagnose
and troubleshoot engines, powertrains, electrical, and hydraulic
systems; experience with cat diagnostic equipment, Cat repair
tooling, rigging, and blocking equipment is essential. Due to
multiple projects you will be assigned, this position requires
planning and organization skills with a particular emphasis on
controlling job costs. You will need to investigate, analyze, and
identify the problem in order to make recommendations that
eliminate the issue. Our technicians work with a variety of people,
communication skills that include strong interpersonal skills,
effective writing, basic computer skills, and ability to respond to
the customer in a positive, caring, and timely manner is
- Accurately / efficiently analyze and diagnose equipment
- Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components,
and test and adjust assemblies with minimal supervision
- Perform Caterpillar updates as directed by Caterpillar,
- Analyze all Caterpillar and allied product equipment systems
and components for proper operation in arrangement application
based on theory of design.
- Organize a job in a logical and economical sequence.
- Conduct customer training in proper use of Caterpillar
- Complete assigned jobs to meet flat rate times with minimal to
- Write service reports that accurately document diagnosis and
- Adheres to all company policies
- Follow contamination control and OSHA/MSHA rules and
- Guides/mentors/trains technicians with less expertise in the
repairs of Caterpillar machines and systems.
- Performs other duties as directed by lead person or service
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision
measuring tools and instruments, laptops, diagnostic software and
cranes and rigging equipment.
- This position requires the ability to provide accurate
information to lead/supervisor for quoting.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing
demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able
to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Will be certified prior to operating a forklift and a crane
qualification test performed.
- Proven ability to work safely with a crane.
- Ability to work unsupervised efficiently, and be part of a team
- Performs the position with pride in professionalism while
following Hawthornes code of conduct.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prefer to have one of the following
- Five (5) years of experience in the repair of Caterpillar
- Successful completion of Level One Technician program
- Possess basic computer knowledge and ability to use service
software required in position.
- Must have valid Driver's License with a good record.
- Field Requirements: Valid / Maintained type Hawaii Type IV
- CDL preferred but not required.
- Furnish all hand tools required to repair, test and diagnose
hydraulic, air, power train, electrical and electronic systems on
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of
team above own interests; Able to build morale and group
commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written
and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in
- Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven
- Hands/arms operating equipment, hand and power tools.
- Lifting: Up to 50 lbs. daily, frequent exertion. Raises or
lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and tools.
- Handling: Works with hands.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required for certain
repair or maintenance work.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service books and operate
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone, in writing, and in
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and in vehicles.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees
- Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for
safety in and around shop and construction sites and to receive
communication by radio, phone and in person.
- Laying: Lies in prone position under vehicles and
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Lifting: Up to 50 lbs. daily, frequent exertion.
Repetitive from # 3 above
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent
- Temperatures/Weather: Works in the field, outside with
variations of temperature and weather.
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions
of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat Participates in E-Verify. Associated topics: customer
service, diagnose, field service technician, machine maintenance,
machine repair, maintenance, maintenance mechanic, mechanical,
millwright, service technician
Keywords: Hawthorne Machinery, Maui , Technician 2, Professions , Lihue, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!