Senior Sales Merchandiser
Company: Paradise Beverages Inc
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Under the Supervision of the
District Sales Manager, the Senior Merchandiser is to train new and
existing merchandisers on Paradise Beverages merchandising
processes and standards. They will also be responsible for
executing Paradise Beverages and suppliers marketing, merchandising
and sales programs to all off Premise accounts. Assess
point-of-sale, advertising and display needs of retailers and
arrange for placement. Augments direct sales function by coverage
of route deliveries to include direct sales. Occasional assistance
at special events that are sponsored by the
distributorship.Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Train and certify new and existing merchandisers using the
merchandising certification survey
- All merchandisers will be certified every year
- Provide oversight to ensuring proper adherence during heavy
- Weekend's, holiday's, etc.
- Provide peer to peer leadership, building the talent pipeline
for the merchandising function
- Assist sales associates and/or sales reps in attaining monthly
revenue, volume, and distribution goals
- Assist sales associates and/or sales reps in managing inventory
levels in accounts by providing full-service merchandising to
accounts in assigned territories (shelf fill, back stock, rotation,
restocking backroom, proper POS, and signage)
- Work schedule may be adjusted as needed based on product
delivery schedules and customer needs
- Develop relationship and communicate effectively with sales
associates and/or sales reps, store personnel, delivery driver, and
- Work with district managers in market to deliver against
expectationsPOSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business
concepts and issues.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute
details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of
values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and seen as
credible in the workplace.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or
following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to
solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing
clearly and concisely.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal
proactively with work-related problems.
- Emotional Intelligence – Engaged, enthusiastic team member who
motivates others to excel. SKILLS & ABILITIES Experience and
- High School Diploma with related sales and merchandising
- Ability to effectively use hand trucks, pallet jacks,
6-wheelers, and other types of equipment to safely move
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Self-motivated and pro-active;
- Highly effective and persuasive communication skills;
- Vendor relations management;
- Attention to detail;
- Time-management, prioritization and organizational skills;
- Observant, analytical, inquisitive and attentive;
- Fundamental Math Skills Technology Skills:
- Ability to effectively use all functions of the company issued
smart device (timecard and routing information) Behaviors:
- Keen attention to detail
- Collaborative working style and team player attitude
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Makes good decisions based on a mixture of analysis,
experience, judgment, and partnership
- Strong attention to customer service WORK ENVIRONMENT Most work
will be indoors and occasionally outdoors. The merchandiser
position requires the constant handling of merchandise, travel on
the road, drive in different weather conditions, engages in
considerable physical activity, lift and move products, the use of
proper safety practices and equipment at the store chains and other
retail accounts in the market area serviced in an air conditioning
and non-air conditioning settings, and service products in
refrigerated temperature coolers. Company ID and closed toe shoes
required at all times. Attendance at trainings, both on island and
neighbor islands, may be required.The job description is intended
to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's
ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities,
skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be
assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does
not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves
the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for
the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Keywords: Paradise Beverages Inc, Maui , Senior Sales Merchandiser, Sales , Lihue, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!